Thread: Html Problem With Ie

Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Well, I've always made HTML files (the ones that didn't go on the internet) only for IE 'cause it's too much of a hassle to make it work on other browsers and why do it if no one but me's gonna see the file anyway ?

So, anyway, i noticed that on IE if you put an image in another element and then put another image below, also in an element, there will be a gap between them

I set the settings to:
    BODY: topmargin=0 bottommargin=0 leftmargin=0 rightmargin=0
    TABLE: border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0
    TD: no settings.
    IMG: no setting.

The exact code was:

<html>
    <head><title>Bar Test</title></head>

<body leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0">

<table border="0" bordercolor="black" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>
    <td colspan="2" rowspan="1">
    [img]Leftbar_top.jpg[/img]
    </td>
    </tr>

<tr>
    <td>[img]Leftbar_bottom_left.jpg[/img]</td>
    <td>[img]Leftbar_bottom_right.jpg[/img]</td>
    </tr>

</table>

</body>

</html>

But still IE insists on putting a gap between the images.

It worked ok on Opera and i didn&#39;t check Mozilla, but it would prolly work fine as well. So, how to fix that gap on IE ?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    where are you getting gaps , I tested your HTML and it looked ok in ie 6 ????capture the page and lets see&#33;

cuious - roch222

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    all i see is 3 pictures, (there is no image) thats it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster

This is exactly what i get (the gap) after saving the above code. It works ok with Opera. I&#39;ve found a workaround in IE, but it doesn&#39;t always work... so plz help

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Try making the two pictures into one, then put it on your site. Thats what I did.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Its really not an issue with IE. Cell spacing and cell padding should be set to "0" which you have. Wheneve I have image slices like this which usually range from 50-100, I use image spacers to place after each image. I also use Adobe Imageready to publish the webpage with the slices itself. So if you have a huge picture in which you want to have slices, open Imageready create required slices and then publish it as html. It will align everything for you.

If I had the pictures you need to make that page, I might have been able to help you more.
    But if you dont really see the need to do all that as you are not making a real online page, then just ignore it and do as he said, make a single image. You are more better off with it if you want less work&#33;
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Try to set each cell dimensions (properties width & height) to exactly the same size as the image and set proper vertical alignment for the cells (ie. top for the bottom image). You may also wish to specify the image size in the img tag, it makes it easier (and thus faster) for the browser to render the page.