Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerns about new secret trackers

aburyach's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Most of this hyping is a direct result of the egoistical nature of the site's admins, who believe that parading around some screen shots will yield them instant respect. The sites do not want to labor and toil to achieve what ScT/FT* has, they believe they will be successful by default. Sadly, the masses follow this skewed notion by the amount of "Need RST" threads seen lately. As I have said before, the over hyping of trackers by admins causes them to die a rather quick and painful death, soon to be forgotten by all. (ScP anyone?)

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Why worry about a site rank. The hole Ranking system that is used here is Point less anyways.

When starting a new site the last thing you should worry about is how the site will rank to some on FST. You should worry about getting members working out all the holes on that site as i have been told there is many and seen 1 first hand. Worry about how you will pay for the servers how will you take in donations to pay for these servers. The stupid ranking system should be last on there minds.

Also the other big joke is the fact that the staff of this site are big time account and invite traders, and yet they say they will ban anyone that trades there invites or trades there accounts. What a huge joke.

Also something i did was a whois on there url and got some other info. All you guys if you were smart would check this out before ever signing up at this site. For the ones that dont know its hosted in Dallas Texas. Yes thats right its hosted in the the USA, not to damn bright.

So far this site wont make it 2 months with the way they are going about it. Such a shame.

Wild

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    aburyach's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Hosted in the USA and advertised so blatantly? All the MPAA/RIAA has to do is type in "running the scene", lo and behold the 4th result is a nice description of the site [from this very forum] with key information. RTS makes the MPAA's job just too easy.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by aburyach View Post
    Hosted in the USA and advertised so blatantly? All the MPAA/RIAA has to do is type in "running the scene", lo and behold the 4th result is a nice description of the site [from this very forum] with key information. RTS makes the MPAA's job just too easy.

Yep if they were smart they would block search bots and add some meta tags and to top it off hide there faqs/rules page from out side members, if they want to make it so hidden. make them read the faqs and rules after they signup and login. have it set so they can not download untill they read them.

Wild

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    phoenixfire's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Most of this hyping is a direct result of the egoistical nature of the site's admins, who believe that parading around some screen shots will yield them instant respect. The sites do not want to labor and toil to achieve what ScT/FT* has, they believe they will be successful by default. Sadly, the masses follow this skewed notion by the amount of "Need RST" threads seen lately. As I have said before, the over hyping of trackers by admins causes them to die a rather quick and painful death, soon to be forgotten by all. (ScP anyone?)
    Well, scp died because it was a big scam. But keeping a site too exclusive is always a bad thing. 5000 should be the minimum user limit for any tracker, and even that is pushing it, I think. BTW this site is going, you might have 5000 users in the next 2000 years.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire View Post
    Well, scp died because it was a big scam. But keeping a site too exclusive is always a bad thing. 5000 should be the minimum user limit for any tracker, and even that is pushing it, I think. BTW this site is going, you might have 5000 users in the next 2000 years.

well thats not really true..

I have a buddy that has a torrent site and its well hidden, as 2000 members and no ratio. and you dont see it talked about anywhere as its dont by invites and different rules. maxs members is 2000 and speeds are great and pre times are with in sec.

It comes down to what kind of site you want. If you can keep it private and keep it to your buddys only dont really matter the member base.

Wild

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    phoenixfire's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbytes View Post

I have a buddy that has a torrent site and its well hidden, as 2000 members and no ratio. and you dont see it talked about anywhere as its dont by invites and different rules. maxs members is 2000 and speeds are great and pre times are with in sec.

It comes down to what kind of site you want. If you can keep it private and keep it to your buddys only dont really matter the member base.

Wild
    No ratio? So it's a pure leech site?

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    RTFM's Avatar <? print "BCC"; ?> BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6

Wild
    I think the point is that the members can be trusted to seed back what they leech, especially if it's a tight-knit place. Ratios can be obtrusive and there's no need if there's not hitting and running.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    i think that FTN is on the way to be a non-ratio site

btw,
    Also something i did was a whois on there url and got some other info. All you guys if you were smart would check this out before ever signing up at this site. For the ones that dont know its hosted in Dallas Texas. Yes thats right its hosted in the the USA, not to damn bright.
    Wild
    Joke of the Millenium

10. BitTorrent   -   #30

Wild

Nope

but it is a very tight group with very strick rules.

Wild
    Last edited by wildbytes; 04-22-2007 at 10:51 PM.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast