Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerns about new secret trackers

allen(s)'s Avatar Poster
    no but thats the opposite to small, secret no invite sites isn't it? and you will get a shitty speed there most of the time. if these new sites want to cater for seederboxers and fast connections it's ok, thats their choice, but advertising it in FST to be a secret site is madness.
    Last edited by allen(s); 04-23-2007 at 12:11 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    RTFM's Avatar <? print "BCC"; ?> BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsSB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RTFM View Post
    I think that the things you listed are what should be judged when determining if a tracker is good. However, trading works on a supply-and-demand system, so those that are more rare are "worth" more, and the ranking system is based on said "worth."
    Ok.. say.. you have..

Tracker A: Rarity is top-notch, 3000 User Limit, Pre-times Good, Community very good, Content is not so good, Speed is crap (unless it is new stuff), Only a couple seeders/leechers per torrent on avg, Only new stuff - you can't download old stuff because it is only 0-Day and only "uploaders" can do it, No requests or re-ups. Also, only 1 invite per Extreme User (500GB upped, etc) for entire lifetime.

Tracker B: Rarity is OK, 20000 User Limit, Pre-times Amazing, Community a little lacking because of the size, but people know eachother, Content is Amazing, Speed is top-notch, New stuff AND old stuff, PU+s can upload their on ripped torrents upon request.

I'd rather have Tracker B in a heart beat. I doubt many people here actually cares about rarity over content. For example, neither OiNK, BitmeTV, nor TL are hard to get into (just be respectful, give back to the community, and they will come to you). They are definitely not based on rarity, rather, content and speed.

Oh, btw, I don't know how you max out at F*N on everything.. I downloaded a torrent about a day ago (TV series, season 1 DVD Rip), and I got 20kb/s until this dude came in with a 100kb/s connection to boost it up.
    I'd probably take Tracker B over A too. That doesn't mean that Tracker B's worth is greater than Tracker A's, though. Worth is based solely on demand here.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    SpiderPig's Avatar The Clams BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by allen(s) View Post
    advertising it in FST to be a secret site is madness.
    It's an unjust hypocrisy.
    But as for your first point. Sorry if you misunderstood me, but what I never meant it should go to another extreme. There is always the middlepoint where the best becomes apparent.

I'd probably take Tracker B over A too.
    Exactly.
    So would you prefer content/speed/etc than rarity?
    No Whining

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    However, it is the opposite when the tracker WORKS for the rarity. For example, giving out invites once in a lifetime, never sharing the URL, only recruiting folks with fast connections, etc.
    Catch my drift?
    No one should have problems with trackers created specifically for people with high-speed connection like no one has problems with music trackers, wrestling trackers and you-don't-wanna-know trackers. Trackers made not to please people outside but to please people *inside*.

But so-called secrecy is a funny part. Information leaked before SCN was started and I was even able to register using security hole. Now they tightened up security and deleted all accounts who got through that. Hope they will learn the lesson - you shouldn't say "we're making top-notch tracker, it will open in a month, here's acronym and url, go tell everyone". You should say "our tracker is up and running, you're in" in private.
    Last edited by AugustoP; 04-23-2007 at 12:32 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    I'd probably take Tracker B over A too.
    Exactly.
    So would you prefer content/speed/etc than rarity?
    Who said you can't have content and speed at a rare tracker? I was only making a decision based on your scenario, but those aren't completely realistic comparisons.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    SpiderPig's Avatar The Clams BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Who said you can't have content and speed at a rare tracker? I was only making a decision based on your scenario, but those aren't completely realistic comparisons.
    It is kinda realistic..

How about U*-T or TL/RevTT?
    No Whining

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    allen(s)'s Avatar Poster
    U*-T has a better community, forum, irc and staff than TL/RevTT i think. if you want a site with thousands of users who never talk to each other or help each other then TL/RevTT's good for you.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    It is kinda realistic..

How about U*-T or TL/RevTT?
    "Concerns about new secret trackers:

I was under the impression that most of this talk was about RTS and SCN.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    DaMan05's Avatar GO HABS GO! BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    OH YA!!!! GOT IN!!! im gonna see how good the pre-times are for 24 and heroes tommorow.. im basically gonna judge it on that

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Popular shows appear on Chronic in a minute. Do you *really* need better than that?

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast