Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerns about new secret trackers

Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    So now we have all these cool new secret trackers, including ScN and RTS, which have evoked some of my concerns. I'm voicing my preliminary perceptions, which are parallel to those of many other FST users, so I've seen.

These trackers plead for so much privacy and only top notch users with high upload capabilities. Well then, why hype it so much in the BitTorrent forum? It's understandable that you want to inform users about the great potential of your tracker, but once people are interested in it, you strike the majority of them down from obtaining invites. Many users have pointed out that this raises the suspicion that this tracker was created only to try to get 5 stars in the WIAW thread.

Staff have apparently warned against any and all invite trading of these secret sites. That's excellent in terms of recruiting only great sharers, but why must you go parading around the BT Invites forum telling users not to trade them? The BT Invites forum is a trading spot for traders to trade invites for all assorted trackers, except for trackers that have specific invite deals with FST (periodically giving out invites in return for FST helping catch account traders). Do these new secret trackers have deals with FST? If not, then you should leave the forbidding of invite trading to your tracker. Meaning, if you catch any traders, then disable them in your tracker. Outside of your tracker, in these public forums, people can do whatever they want as long as it's in agreement with these forums' admins. I understand that you may be trying to warn these users, but why make these premature threats that "If" these traders get into your site, they'll be disabled? I know that you staff of these secret trackers are elite traders on FST. So know you can empathize with other tracker staff, but I find it extremely hypocritical that you can only impose these rules about your tracker after you've finished being such huge traders.

A note to all of you speculating about these trackers: You logically can't. You have to see how it actually plays out, not emptily predicting based on subjective information given to you from tracker insiders.

With that being said, I'd like to wish all the best to these trackers, and I hope that you outlive my perception of some of your faulty logistical tactics.
    Last edited by Shadowfire; 04-22-2007 at 07:26 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    GaleaNatur's Avatar ---Retired--- BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    which tracker is ScN?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    You got the point,
    but all that typing was for nothing, noone will change his mind.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    scn never hyped it in BT forum, it was kept quiet, users hyped on their own.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    ;o BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey
    You got the point
    this thread doesn't really have a point

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Actually, it does. I'm giving you my opinion of your marketing tactics. You may or may not agree, but I nevertheless enjoy voicing my opinion.

007: I agree, most of this thread, especially the hyping portion, is aimed at one tracker over the other. You may easily guess which one it is.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ;o BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfire
    Actually, it does. I'm giving you my opinion of your marketing tactics. You may or may not agree, but I nevertheless enjoy voicing my opinion.
    do you preach every time a tracker that has potential opens?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    havnt seen many if not any topics on scn open by staff. RTS has over done it with thread after thread of crap. RTS has is one of the most desperate trackers i have ever seen, 90% of their staff have opened topics begging for users, its really quite a shame that its come to that, but i wouldnt be surprised if Rts was another ScP, on that note donate if you want but i wouldnt until i knew the tracker was there to stay.

Also

FTN & SCT & TL all you will ever need.

my 2 cents

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Well I think it makes a point when the person who hyped up the other tracker by posting a Informative thread about the tracker is acctually a staff member on the tracker they promoted lmao

Call it conflict of interest if you will.
    I personally would rather have a site rated/reviewed by actual users instead of by the sites own staff.

BTW I have nothing against either of the sites mentioned in this thread. In fact I left a few positive comments in the other threads about each site.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    do you preach every time a tracker that has potential opens?
    Heavens, no. I'd be full of myself if I did that. (Of course, not too many trackers hype themselves that much ... mostly just ScP and RTS.) I don't recall saying that your tracker has potential, however.

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast