Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tips Contest !

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    heres my tip:
    i was playing around with kazupernodes and found out something amazing:
    1)click on the "check status" button and wait for it to finish.
    2)click the "localize" button and wait for it to finish.
    3)reorganize the supernodes by pressing the "response time" button (in the coulomn itself).
    4)find the supernode which is closest to your area and has the lowest response time.
    5)double click him so he appears in the newq supernode bar.
    6)click set new SN and restart kazaa.
    7)test your download speed, it should have increased quite a bit.
    8)if this didnt help, do steps 1-7 again till works.

this is from the topic i started here not long ago.
    where/when/how do i get the cash?

tralalala

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Poster
    Hers a good Tip be nice to your mother and wear a seat belt !!!

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by RPerry@16 July 2003 - 23:22

When I had dial-up I averaged from 7 kb/s - 14 kb/s and was able too surf the web fast, with a Pentium I with 64 mb o
    you want to explain yourself further?
    Nope. I stumbled onto something really amazing. And I don't care about 100 bucks either.

Good day now.

(.45 ghtz w/128Ram user) i love it!!

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Originally posted by nukemdomis+1 August 2003 - 08:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nukemdomis @ 1 August 2003 - 08:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RPerry@16 July 2003 - 23:22

&nbsp; &nbsp; When I had dial-up I averaged from 7 kb/s - 14 kb/s and was able too surf the web fast, with a Pentium I with 64 mb o
    you want to explain yourself further?
    Nope. I stumbled onto something really amazing. And I don&#39;t care about 100 bucks either.

Good day now.

(.45 ghtz w/128Ram user) i love it&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    how do u manage that 7 kb /s - 14 kb/s

mines 2 kb/s - 5 kb/s

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    My tip is more advice, spend more time setting up your search and dont worry about download speed,finding quality files comes before how fast you can download them. I would rather wait weeks for a mp3/movie than dl crap at breakneck speed. Week by week more chit is released onto p2p, its getting to the stage that peeps are turning there back on p2p, they need to learn how to filter there way through all the crap.
    AND THATS FREE ADVICE :rtfm:

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Computer Literate User or Common Sense User.

When a programmer creates a software for the purpose of, let&#39;s say P2P, his/her intention is to make the program work as for P2P. The second, the user decides to make this or that software be or look like the next Super Model, is the point of loosing parital/full capabilities of such software. I wish we live in an environment where I can ask Adobe to make their next version of Photoshop to play my music & block those poping ads, while I create a photo. BUT WE DON&#39;T LIVE IN SUCH ENVIRONMENT. SO, UNTIL THEN, I WILL KEEP MY POST OPEN............

RESULTS WILL VARY
    No matter how good your systems may be, they&#39;re only as effective as what you put into them.

7. File Sharing   -   #27

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    I&#39;ll pay 100euros
    how much is that in dracmas?

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    littlestevee's Avatar Nankan King
    And the winner is................??????????
    Emule Plus 1.1a

MORE JELO FOR YOU
    Click Here

WICKED RELEASE Click Here

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Poster
    Originally posted by TIBZ@24 July 2003 - 03:46
    WOW&#33; or Wide Open West now offers 3MB p/s yes 3MB for only &#036;42 a month with a &#036;2.50 modem loan charge every month wen u have their cable get that and ummm about how long til i get my 100euros?
    But how fast can it UPLOAD?

Considering most people don&#39;t know what their connection CAN do, and they don&#39;t usually press their ISP for details about &#39;hidden limitations&#39; (I mean p2p blocking/throttling), I think we have a LONG way to go before p2p &#39;heaven&#39; can occur... even with a few of us getting 3 MB connections.

Btw, I have Comcast Cable officially rated at 1.5 mbps down and 0.25 mbps up.
    In practice, I get about 150-180 KB/sec down and 25-29 KB/sec up on good days.
    That&#39;s better than most results people will get on connections of that type.
    The &#39;bad&#39; days come about once a month for a few spotty hours each.
    But I still average about 1-2.1 GB uploaded per day...on 1 p2p program or another.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast