Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cows Or Humans

My new friend Lamsey likens Farmers to Hitler. I say this is a bit h4r5h (on the Farmers obviously).

I say that the Holocaust and the attempted genocide of an entire group of people, with the death of 6,000,000 Jews and the dreadfull suffering of countless others, is worse than killing cows (no matter how many).

My new chum is of the opinion that the life of a cow is as important as that of a human. To be fair I should mention that he is a vegetarian, so his view is not entirely unexpected.

I would appreciate any sensible comment on this.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    likens Farmers to Hitler
    Put it back in the context Lamsey did, that way it makes more sense.
    I take the easy way out: No opinion
    But its typicly human to say that a human life is worth more than an animal life.
    The cow mother will think otherwise i guess.
    Its like, i rather see you guys killed than my real life friends and faimily, we all stand up and protect what we love and are closest to.
    As for me, i love some people and i love all animals.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    insanebassman
    I think farmers are doing a job that is harsh, and requires alot of patience and skill.

More power to them... I like the steak and eggs. (Though I prefer hunting my own meat, they tend to hate it when I am stalking the pastures in search of the wild cow...)

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Originally posted by summerlinda@4 June 2003 - 21:41

The cow mother will think otherwise i guess.
    Sorry but I can´t agree. The cow´s mother will think practically nothing at all. It doesn´t have the brain capacity. I know you won´t accept this but it´s true.

I fully appreciate and applaud your compassion for animals, it´s part of your humanity. It´s what seperates you from them. Please don´t take this as being sarcastic, it´s not meant that way.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Sorry but I can´t agree. The cow´s mother will think practically nothing at all. It doesn´t have the brain capacity. I know you won´t accept this but it´s true.
    Maybe she cant think like we do, but she will protect her calf instead of a human kid, so that way she thinks/acts like an animal is worth more than a human life. You knew what i meant.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    smellycat's Avatar Egalitarian BT Rep: +3
    Imagine you were an alien, , and you were observing Earth.
    What would you see?

You would see one species enslaving all other species.
    Committing mass genocide.

Killing sentient beings for pleasure.

What would you conclude about that species?

All my invites I give freely.

File sharing and invite sharing
    File trading and invite trading

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by smellycat@4 June 2003 - 22:56
    What would you see?

That its gone mad, but can be saved if they all came to their senses.....

8. Lounge   -   #8
    I'm not arguing with your vegetarian views or lifestyle. It's totally laudable.

I only raise the point, that in my opinion the holocaust and the horrific murder of 6,000,000 Jews and the appaling abuse of countless others, is not analagous to Farming.

Does anyone see where I am coming from or am I in totally the wrong place here.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by smellycat@4 June 2003 - 22:56

I'd say it's time...

You guys should be grateful, summerlinda and I may yet save you from the men...

@PBMontgolfier: I view all sentient life as having an equal right to live. Farming animals for meat is equal to killing a lot more than 6,000,000, if you consider the global scale of it.

Here's a question: a human vegetable (pardon me for the non-PC term) is less intelligent or emotionally complete than some pigs. By your reasoning, is it not right to cut him up and serve him on a Morton's Morning Roll rather than using that bacon you were going to have?

10. Lounge   -   #10
    insanebassman
    Originally posted by smellycat@4 June 2003 - 14:56
    What would you see?

What alien would you be refering to? The gentle, peace loving aliens?

Or the ones with the ability to deal with the harsh realities of inter-stellar travel, the nesecities of survival and the ability to see what is required to survive in an otherwise hostile environment?

Aliens do not have to be gentle. Our serial killers may be the ones they want to adopt due to cunning. Our true hunters because of the ability to kill when it is needed. Soldiers who efficiently follow orders to kill and destroy as they can follow orders through when it is considered a nesessity by the leaders. Aliens wil not have your values.

They may see a good proving ground for the traits they desire and detest the people who want peace and soft lives.

Just another view.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast