Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Is Your Definition

insanebassman
    Ok, I was curious, as I have deep feelings on the subject...

What is your definition of a hunter?

be brutally honest and do not trash or flame another's definition please. I want to see what thoughts are out there, not who can be outraged or offended!

2. Lounge   -   #2
    i would say some1 who likes to kill animals and stuff for fun and i kno a few ppl that are lk that so thats what i would say an hunter is
    Big Alien and Ufo Fan,If you have anything with aliens or ufo's in please pm me thanks

3. Lounge   -   #3
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    A hunter is person [usualy male] that hunts animals [or humans]

If you have to in order to survive, go ahead. Or in case of overpopulation/diseases [when really nescesary, and no option of catching and transporting them]
    If not let them live.....

In a way im a hunter too, a few days ago, i "had" to kill a spider, otherwise i couldnt sleep, thats my bad, and i feel guilty.....
    It was in my territory, that made me feel a bit less guilty.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    I suppose a hunter (in my opinion) is not just someone who kills animals!
    A hunter is someone who searches for something agresivley whether it be animal, career, product or lifestyle!

Do not take this the wrong way 'cos I do not agree with killing animals for sport!

I have been a fisherman, killing fish for food and sale so I suppose I could be classed as a hunter, but I have NEVER killed a living thing for sport of fun!!

Jonno B)
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Got_brains?'s Avatar Poster
    Why are you all tree huggers?

Originally posted by M-W.com
    Main Entry: hunt·er
    Pronunciation: 'h&n-t&r
    Function: noun
    Date: 13th century
    1 a : a person who hunts game b : a dog used or trained for hunting c : a horse used or adapted for use in hunting with hounds; especially : a fast strong horse trained for cross-country work and jumping
    2 : one that searches for something
    3 : a pocket watch with a hinged protective cover
    A hunter does not have to be a male.

A good hunter does not hunt just to kill animals, but for the food and the sport.

A good hunter follows the hunting laws and regulations so that they actually help the environment.

A good hunter eats his catch.

A good hunter does not use cheap/illegal items to catch/torture a animal. Such as steel leg traps and killing with a machete.

Please do not think that guns or hunters are evil or wrong, but when used properly, a gun is a good tool to use.

And please, no :flaming:

And by the way, I have taken Hunter Education class. I enjoy spear fishing and always eat the fish I spear.

This is my opinion and you can have yours. It is your own choice on what you believe in.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    A hunter is someone that 'hunts'.

Some hunters hunt with a camera, some with a gun.

I have nothing against hunting if its for food, to take a photograph, to administer medical aid to an animal, to help the species survive by taking it to a 'sanctuary'.....the list is endless.

The only time i can think of that im against hunting, is when it is a 'sport', or to make money through needless death or misery.

To me these people arent 'hunters'....a hunter is traditionally an honourable trade by people that love nature and wildlife (see native American, African etc etc etc).

These people are just parasites.

A 'sport' means that the opposition have at least a reasonable chance of winning...and by winning, i dont mean escaping, but in defeating you in exactly the same way that you mean to defeat them.

As this is life/death, then a 'sport' would mean that you faced them on a one on one basis, without any un-natural aids......after all, I havent seen many Deers toating rifles.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. Lounge   -   #7
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    A hunter does not have to be a male.
    I said USUALY [ that means: Not always!]
    And its true, hunters are usualy male......... cant help it, but thats not the point.........

8. Lounge   -   #8
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    A good hunter does not hunt just to kill animals, but for the food and the sport.

A good hunter follows the hunting laws and regulations so that they actually help the environment.

A good hunter eats his catch.

A good hunter does not use cheap/illegal items to catch/torture a animal. Such as steel leg traps and killing with a machete.
    very true, my friend! The decent hunters respect the animals and the environment, eat what they catch so there is no wastage etc...unfortunately there's a lot of bad hunters, too who completely disrespect the animals and the environment

I can't really rant about inhumanely slaughtering animals as I still eat a bit of meat (there's pratically nothing else to eat inn my house&#33 but I do care and want to become a veggie when I move out.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Ex-member
    The word 'hunter' is broad-ranging but it's most common use is in describing the animal poacher.

I think my views about that don't need airing again...

@Rat Faced:
    Some hunters hunt with a camera, some with a gun.
    You like One Hour Photo too, then?

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Got_brains?'s Avatar Poster
    I guess I am a freak. I seem to be the only carnivore here. I eat hamburgers and hot dogs. Yes, I know what is in them.

Have a nice salad... oops, I mean day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast