Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: strategies for building ratio on SCT?

BANNED BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentient View Post
    So you can download as fast as possible. If you want stats on your mediocre connection, torrentleech is always available.
    actualy i can't get them on 10/10 connection, but nevermind .
    IMO, new torrents are always well seeded, so there is no need in 20 seedbox simultaneously on them .

Quote Originally Posted by ScT rules
    Give others a chance to seed. If your ratio on a single torrent is already above 1:1, you should give others the chance to seed too. Overseeding will only make it hard or even impossible for others to keep a good ratio.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    you have a 10/10 connection and you're having trouble keeping stats? :incredulous: Even on ScT, realize that connection is probably in the top 10% of users.

What are you guys doing, going out of your way to dl old barely seeded torrents?

I don't even always max out my 12mbit home connection on other sites. Certainly no other site keeps speeds fast for nearly as long as ScT does.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    you have a 10/10 connection and you're having trouble keeping stats?
    I didn't say i have a problem of keeping good stats . i just said that it is very hard to compete with five-six rss'd 100Mbit seedboxes on newest torrents , i.e. i won't get 1 ratio on a torrent just after the snatch, i must seed it after the snatch too if i want 1 ratio. and if i need some buffer, i need to keep it some more time. unlike those 100Mbit boxes , that have ~10 ratio right after the snatch , and they don't snatch a specific torrent, they fucking snatch everything
    Last edited by jaqozo; 04-24-2007 at 04:18 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    .... edit

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If you can't setup RSS at your seedbox you can set up ScaneRSS at your home computer to save torrents in some folder and then auto upload them to your seedbox. uTorrent and rTorrent have the ability to import files from specified folder automatically.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by jaqozo View Post
    you have a 10/10 connection and you're having trouble keeping stats?
    i must seed it after the snatch too if i want 1 ratio.
    Lmao, oh god forbid.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    offtopic :
    Lmao, oh god forbid.
    i won't tell you the whole story, but unfortunaly i don't have this 10/10 connection at my home, moreover, i can use it limited time a day since i have other things to do, and i mostly can't leave it seeding after i go . the end .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123