Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: strategies for building ratio on SCT?

Poster BT Rep: +5
    So I got into SCT and before I touch a single torrent I got myself a leeware seedbox.
    The box is working fine, the total upload speed reaches 5-6mb/s sometimes, well rarely, but mostly more than 2mb/s.

I grab a torrent at sct as soon as it is posted and I DO NOT EVEN REACH 1:1
    I barely reached it later after 1 day of seeding.
    It is friggin brutal there, how do you guys manage to build your ratio there?!!!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Leech off torrent leech, seed on scene torrents.
    eee

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    desiKing's Avatar ☆☆KING☆☆ BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaAlba View Post
    then what the point of having SCT account....when you have to download form tl and seed on SCT...you might as well stick to TL.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by desiKing View Post
    then what the point of having SCT account....when you have to download form tl and seed on SCT...you might as well stick to TL.
    Then whats the point of using torrents...when you can download from limewire and don't have to seed anywhere. He asked for some advice, i gave him the most basic advice i could
    eee

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    sert's Avatar t r e s BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by desiKing View Post

Then whats the point of using torrents...when you can download from limewire and don't have to seed anywhere. He asked for some advice, i gave him the most basic advice i could
    What kind of reply was that? On limewire you cannot find DVD-Rs, or comments on the quality of the torrents; further its full of viruses, has many DRM files, its almost impossible to download a full music album; there are countless other reasons why people prefer torrents over gnutella, you should now that.

I think he is right; if you want to enjoy your torrent experience you don't have to worry so much about your ratio, than to download from one tracker for seeding to another.

Who cares about sct, if you can find exactly the same content on TL with similar speeds?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Actually I tried that, but I found that revtt and supertorrents and iplay are faster than TL and their pretimes are much better.
    You can upload a few 100 MBs this way but not GBs, but I guess it's better than nothing.
    Last edited by prima1; 04-24-2007 at 12:12 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by prima1 View Post
    Actually I tried that, but I found that revtt and supertorrents and iplay are faster than TL and their pretimes are much better.
    You can upload a few 100 MBs this way but not GBs, but I guess it's better than nothing.
    Get an SCT Pack, and leave it on uploading for a few days, you can get at least 70 gigs uploaded within that time period. If you can't then there's something wrong with your configuration settings because ive done it around 15 times
    eee

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Member BT Rep: +4
    Get an SCT Pack, and leave it on uploading for a few days, you can get at least 70 gigs uploaded within that time period. If you can't then there's something wrong with your configuration settings because ive done it around 15 times
    he said, he has leeware, so not enough space for pack

if you just want to make a ratio for the start, download just sample files, especiallly if pack has it, and leave those for seeding...

it looks you got ScT just because is cool to have ScT

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by shyman View Post

if you just want to make a ratio for the start, download just sample files, especiallly if pack has it, and leave those for seeding...

I am doing that too, partial seeding.
    Well why do you really get SCT then? SCT is a tracker that you have to serve, instead of it serving you
    Anyway I didn't really seek SCT, I received an invite by chance and I am trying to survive untill I change my internet connection to fiber.

What I find really funny though, is that if you seed 15x70GB like JA did, it means others (like me) are screwed by the same amount. lol. Of course that's an obvious fact in the torrent world, but if you think of it, torrenting is becoming more like a competitive sport rather than sharing.
    Last edited by prima1; 04-24-2007 at 12:42 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by shyman View Post

I am doing that too, partial seeding.
    Well why do you really get SCT then? SCT is a tracker that you have to serve, instead of it serving you
    Anyway I didn't really seek SCT, I received an invite by chance and I am trying to survive untill I change my internet connection to fiber.

What I find really funny though, is that if you seed 15x70GB like JA did, it means others (like me) are screwed by the same amount. lol. Of course that's an obvious fact in the torrent world, but if you think of it, torrenting is becoming more like a competitive sport rather than sharing.
    15x70 was an exaggeration, more like once or twice . Just jump on the new TV shows, 350 mb's idol in pre-chan, as soon as they are out go for em, and your sure to get a 1+ ratio.
    eee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast