Thread: If you download files, you must read this

MurrayS's Avatar Springfield Rules
    I've downloaded a music file called "country_music_hits_2007.rar" from emule, and after I've extracted the songs my computer became too slow.

So, I've run the free scanning process available in a site called "Infectedornot.com" (or something) and it found lot of viruses.

I'm in the process of cleaning my computer but I'm really angry with this situation

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    That is what you get for using emule.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    and for using some random 3rd party scanner. If you can't afford a decent scanner, go here:
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com brand name recognized site will find whatever you have.
    I still recommend a stand alone scanner so you can scan in safe mode!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Ac3Dunk's Avatar S.O.P-Laf BT Rep: +5
    you hav to choose wisely whats do you grab from Emule look for verified hash and search mainly for scene rlz

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    reespectme's Avatar Torrent User
    interesing

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    3 Wheels Of Tazio's Avatar Who Needs Wheels?
    I don't trust ED2K as far as i can throw it, so i never use it now.

I don't even have a client on my PC... which is a shame really as it does have some very rare stuff.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Remi's Avatar Mr. Remi to you!! BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    That is what you get for downloading "country_music_hits_2007.rar"...

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Thanks for the warning.

I fell victim to downloading a file recently with "upated-fixed" in its title. Turned out to be a virus unfortunatley but was able to google and get rid of it without too much pain.

Cheers

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    akkk's Avatar VIP BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    There's always a risk in emule , that's why you have a anti-virus program

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Emule is low risk if you don't run software from it.

Turn off "hide file extentions for known file types" in explorer option.
    If you get an .exe when you expected music then DONT CLICK ON IT, delete it immedietly.
    "I went over to a friend's house the other day. He was having problems with his computer and he asked me to look at it, and I realized he had Windows Me and it's like, oh no—that's your first problem."-Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell.