Thread: Anyone Who Has Blackice

I have Black Ice version 3.5 - ISS have released ( a few months ago now ) an upgrade to version 3.6 - I wanted to know if anyone had carried out the upgrade and if there were any problems ? B)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    You'll see a bunch more severe intrusion detection warnings. Lots of false positives, Stuff you probably never heard of before. Basically, it's still a very poor firewall as it alerts you after it's allowed access to system files. You'll see this if your system logs are configured properly. Get Sygate pro, you'll be a lot better protected from the outside and the inside!

You can run blackice in the background if you want to keep it too but do the upgrade. Just set it to "allow all" but keep auto blocking enabled. Kinda like a safety net.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by balamm@4 June 2003 - 18:05
    You'll see a bunch more severe intrusion detection warnings. Lots of false positives, Stuff you probably never heard of before. Basically, it's still a very poor firewall as it alerts you after it's allowed access to system files. You'll see this if your system logs are configured properly. Get Sygate pro, you'll be a lot better protected from the outside and the inside!

You can run blackice in the background if you want to keep it too but do the upgrade. Just set it to "allow all" but keep auto blocking enabled. Kinda like a safety net.
    Oh stop complaining bitch. Just turn off application control if it bothers you that much. I think BlackIce is actually a very good firewall. BlackIce does a great job and protects you well.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by balamm@4 June 2003 - 18:05

Oh stop complaining bitch. Just turn off application control if it bothers you that much. I think BlackIce is actually a very good firewall. BlackIce does a great job and protects you well.

I cant say the differences because i started out with 3.6 and I never had 3.5.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Send me your IP then fuckup and lets test this shit out right now! Put Your software where your mouth is for a change eh?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    I'm serious here
    I really wish black ice would fix it's vulnerabilitys so I could run it again.
    I really miss it!
    It's just so informative and user friendly.
    The way it works,lets you know information more easily than any other firewall.
    It's a strait forward firewall.
    Nothing else that I've found compares to that GUI.
    I'm waiting for a new version with baited breath!!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    How about just searching for BlackICE Reviews. it does not get very good reviews.

It was tested by Gibson and others and its mostly just eye candy that goes off if your ports are scanned or you get pinged.

Get ZoneAlarm

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Let me add that was the BlackICE 2 years ago. the new one may be better

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    More like "EarCandy"!
    It doesn't annoy you with popups if you don't want it too.
    When I was running it I had it set to only notify me of only the highest alerts with a sound.