Thread: HEEELP, with leeware ftp server setup

Poster BT Rep: +5
    I am splitting my hair over this
    I installed vsftpd and i can browse ftp://vpsxxx.leeware.com/ but i can't download or even see the files while i know are in the /pub/ftp directory
    what do i need to do to be able to see them and download them
    please help if you can pretty please I am going nuts I know nothing absolutely nothing about linux and I came this far and I surrrrrrrrrrender

same with apache if i put files in var/www/html I can't download them I get 403 forbidden

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    use sftp/ssh protocol.
    might help

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Your Ad Here
    why dont you guys look into how to set it up before just buying it and thinking its as easy as 1,2,3 first time off? lol

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    read the guide

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I don't wanna use sftp it's slow, the whole point of installing vsftpd was to get fast transfers

Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    read the guide
    please point me to the guide
    Last edited by prima1; 04-26-2007 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. BitTorrent   -   #6

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    This guide is for installing utorrent only I read the entire thread it has nothing about installing an ftp server

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    wow u dont need help i do! im using leasewebs and its a lot harder to set up...i think buggyme did it but i dont know the pass or anything...

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    FIGURED IT OUT!!!
    I disabled SELINUX and now I can see and download the files
    I know it's not secure but it's the absolute farthest I could go. I read tons of pages about it and I am glad I found this solution

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    bump