Thread: advice needed- newsgroup request

I'm new, of course... but have one particular episode of a bbc show that I would like to download.

I have downloated torrents occassionally and also from the newsgroups. But this tv show just isn't out there where I can download it.

yet, during searches (www.nfoogle.com) I come up with a filename:

Imagine.The.Movie.Brats.Take.Two.WS.PDTV.XviD-REMAX

I figured out how to make a request on alt.binaries.tvseries (thru IRC)...but I'm getting the feeling that unless I've got something to share...my request probably won't get filled. I only have access to the public things that most others have access to. So I'm wondering if there is a better way to make these kinds of requests.

thank you for your help

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Upload something and request at the same time usually works...

Posting bla bla bla. REQ: bla bla bla..

Just to get you started

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    ..:: c.R ::..'s Avatar Φ MySpace_SuK(s
    No, you don't need to share right off the bat for communities like that. They share regardless a vast majority of the time. Those posters are hard-core sharers and they love the title-reputation w/ one another when it comes to racking up points for their internal pissing-contests.

If you don't get a post, then it's because no one actually had the file. The scene release might be more enclosed and those posters don't have access to that community.

i wish you luck.
    "Of the delights of this world, man cares most for sexual intercourse. He will go to any length for it-risk fortune, character, reputation, life itself." -Mark Twain

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    thanks for answering. I guess I assumed that because I saw the filename during a search, that it would exist somewhere.

I very new...so maybe I should try to see if someone on the irc channel can tell me if I'm wasting my time....maybe the show isn't out there to be downloaded anymore?

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Just req it at #alt.binaries.multimedia and #alt.binaries.tvseries and it will probably get filled. Just make sure that you have the correct filecount.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by groggy View Post
    Just req it at #alt.binaries.multimedia and #alt.binaries.tvseries and it will probably get filled. Just make sure that you have the correct filecount.
    file count?