Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 0 Post Leechers

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I'm sick & tired of these takers. There's like way over 10,000 members on this board without even 1 fn post. Members with 1 post or more deserve priority over those 10,000+ with none. When the servers getting slammed we deserve priority. Those with 0 post count are just leechers.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    I agree the Member count needs to be cleaned up.....but VB does this every 90 days for People who do not Post.

And what are they leeching anyways?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    Maybe it is time for the powers that be to clean up the members list a bit.And maybe remove the members who don't post that often.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@5 June 2003 - 19:38
    I agree the Member count needs to be cleaned up.....but VB does this every 90 days for People who do not Post.

Verifieds and most importantly bandwidth from the server.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    They are more like lurkers. They join just so they can read the areas that guests can't see.

I agree that users with 0 posts that have not posted in the last 2 months should be removed from the members list.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Some of 'em might only post in the lounge so they'll never get more than one counted post.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    i agree,,,,,

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    Maybe members should have at least 50 posts before they can see the verifeds?

Edit: On second thoughts, that would promote spamming

9. Lounge   -   #9
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I don't know if this is feasible or not. How about when the servers getting slammed. When nobody can get to the forums. It trips a switch or something. Then only members with 1 post or more can get in. If at least 10,000/25,000 members have 0 zero posts. Then theroretically this cuts down server traffic by at least 40%. Yes I'd like to see this implemented. Or some fairer variation.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    God forbid that some people actually come on the forum, read the post that relates th their question and slove it on their own. Alot of people do not know enough to add to a conversation, but can take things from it. I say if there needs to be a crack down it should be onthe ten threads of "help me i can't install vice city" or whatever it is.

The 150 or so that post alot are the people that 1. know alot and 2. Have the time to post. (probably more thatn 150, but you get me.)

People should not be punished for finding stuff out on their own. If we make so that people are expected to post instead of look, we will have a microsoft forum, 1000's of users asking the same damn question.

there is a member on this board who often links stupid, easy questions too google, that is my favorite member of you all.

Edit - add to thought

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast