Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thebox banning people with seedboxes?

Gday all.
    Just a bit of background...Ive been on a lot of torrent sites since BT first started. I have fantastic stats on the sites i use today. tvtorrents and TD are the two i use most now and i will never run out of ratio..im terrabytes ahead of ever being 1:1. so im a great share and yes, i use a Seedbox.
    A bizzare thing happened yesterday that ive never seen before.
    I joined Thebox.bz and liked some of their stuff. SO i loaded 5 torrents into my seedbox and went to bed. Got up and checked my stats last night and seen i'd uploaded near 500 gig. great, so i stopped the torrents and went to check the site.
    I was banned.

SO i log into their irc chan this morning and they tell me i was banned for cheating. I'm like whaaaaaat? They said yup, cheating and wont be renabled. At the same time another user comes in with pretty much the same story.

Im absolutely stunned at this.

Is this some kind of new behaviour that is going around torrent sites or is isolated to that once place?

Cheating??? By using a seedbox? that is funniest things ive ever heard. No site had ever had an issue and most places welcome me just fine and are happy. Arent we supposed to give back?

Please someone tell me that i havent actually done the wrong thing.....

the service is use is from feral hosting..cheap, but they do the job

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Member BT Rep: +1
    They've been mentioning people with seedboxes limiting their free leech uploads to something like 4x or they'd take drastic action. I don't know if this is related in some way. They said free leech is to help people improve their ratio to stay on the site, not to build up a ratio of 10,000 to 1.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    So the solution is to ban people and not temp ban them until the seedbox is turned off?
    Kinda silly.

I once was admin on an Aussie tracker and we used to be able to cut people off from the tracker so they were neither uploading or download if we needed to have something checked.

ive really never seen this kind of behaviour on any tracker before

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    DeadPoet's Avatar Poster
    It's kinda silly to spend money on seedbox to get huge ratios and terabytes of buffer. Overseeding sucks.
    Last edited by DeadPoet; 05-06-2013 at 10:37 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by crows2013 View Post
    Gday all.
    Just a bit of background...Ive been on a lot of torrent sites since BT first started. I have fantastic stats on the sites i use today. tvtorrents and TD are the two i use most now and i will never run out of ratio..im terrabytes ahead of ever being 1:1. so im a great share and yes, i use a Seedbox.
    I joined Thebox.bz and liked some of their stuff. SO i loaded 5 torrents into my seedbox and went to bed. Got up and checked my stats last night and seen i'd uploaded near 500 gig. great, so i stopped the torrents and went to check the site.
    I was banned.

SO i log into their irc chan this morning and they tell me i was banned for cheating. I'm like whaaaaaat? They said yup, cheating and wont be renabled. At the same time another user comes in with pretty much the same story.

Is this some kind of new behaviour that is going around torrent sites or is isolated to that once place?

Cheating??? By using a seedbox? that is funniest things ive ever heard. No site had ever had an issue and most places welcome me just fine and are happy. Arent we supposed to give back?

Out of curiosity did you download the five torrents because you actually really wanted to watch what they contained or did you look for a bunch of torrents that seemed the most likely to generate the greatest ratio benefit to you?
    Please be entirely honest if possible if that's not asking too much.

Btw it's not but I don't expect you to anyway as I'm realistic cynical like that.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    In Australia, at least where I am, it is hard to upload more than 80mb an hour..so seedbox is handy

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Gday all.
    I was banned.

Out of curiosity did you download the five torrents because you actually really wanted to watch what they contained or did you look for a bunch of torrents that seemed the most likely to generate the greatest ratio benefit to you?
    Please be entirely honest if possible if that's not asking too much.

Btw it's not but I don't expect you to anyway as I'm realistic cynical like that.
    well, the answer really isnt all that relevant to the argument..please dont take me the wrong way, not trying to be smart arse..but i wasnt banned for downloading and uploading things i may or may not have wanted. I dont think there is any tracker in the world that says you must want what you download. We've all downloaded stuff to upload..hell, most site suggest to do this very thing!

But to actually answer your question....three of the torrents did actually keep for myself ( downloaded them from my box to home ) and two were to purely build ratio-which is not cheating and not against any rule.
    In my country our upload is incredibly slow unfortunately
    Last edited by crows2013; 05-06-2013 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    well, the answer really isnt all that relevant to the argument..please dont take me the wrong way, not trying to be smart arse..but i wasnt banned for downloading and uploading things i may or may not have wanted. I dont think there is any tracker in the world that says you must want what you download. We've all downloaded stuff to upload..hell, most site suggest to do this very thing!

But to actually answer your question....three of the torrents did actually keep for myself ( downloaded them from my box to home ) and two were to purely build ratio-which is not cheating and not against any rule.
    In my country our upload is incredibly slow unfortunately
    The answer is entirely relevant to me and apparently someone at Thebox at well.

Personally and I may possibly be trying to be a smart-ass but I think the staff at Thebox were more than fair as if I were them (and thank sweet heavenly God I'm not) I would have sought you out and punched you directly in the face for callously fucking up the lives of strangers.

Me and Judge Dredd,we do justice right.

Btw totally unrelated but I just went out and ate a bunch food at a soup kitchen for the poor.
    I was neither broke nor hungry but seriously, fuck the destitute .If they are starving I'm sure I left a few crumbs for them.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 05-06-2013 at 11:38 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    pootystomp's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Btw totally unrelated but I just went out and ate a bunch food at a soup kitchen for the poor.
    I was neither broke nor hungry but seriously, fuck the destitute .If they are starving I'm sure I left a few crumbs for them.
    Me too, foods for shit but boy do I love free shit.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    I guess filelist.ro also don't allow building buffers

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by absent_today View Post
    I guess filelist.ro also don't allow building buffers
    me and my two invited friends have huge buffers there
    and i have big buffers on some other trackers also
    just make sure you write on your profile that you are using seedbox and wirte seedbox ip if possible.
    do this on every tracker i have.if staff have any doubte they can ask me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast