Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trading of Private BitTorrent Accounts

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by L3ST View Post
    I agree on the buffered accounts but this is teh only way to trade these days. If people weren't so greedy the world would be a better place. Noone is gonna trade ya demonoid for ScT for example. So you have to offer a lil' bit more: Extra upload GB's or a higher class.
    If the guy who gets the account is a morron it's his problem.

What do you mean by putting the community at risk ? If you trade you get something (usually) better
    . Teh guy who has something better is still a p2p user who downloads copyrighted information.
    Ok suppose I am a member of the RIAA. I have a number of buffered accounts, one of which I am just about to trade with you. I get in say by Oink..I note all the members names.

For that reason I would support the banning of members offering accounts for trade,.
    Last edited by thewizeard; 05-02-2007 at 09:39 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    You could note all the members names, but what use would that be? it would be easyer to take out the big kahuna: Sealand

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    You could note all the members names, but what use would that be? it would be easyer to take out the big kahuna: Sealand
    That would be biting the hand that feeds me

Mensap2p moves to Sealand

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie View Post
    Feck it all,and use newsgroups.

-bd
    Not everyone "needs" newsgroups...unless your a college student with nothing to do but download pr0n all day long.Most people only need 1 or 2 of each trackers, for example OiNK and Exigo for music, for games Underground Gamer and Black Cats, and as for 0-day take your pick as it seems everyday theres a new one.Im partial to F*C and TL myself but thats me.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Backthatassup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie View Post
    Feck it all,and use newsgroups.

-bd
    Not everyone "needs" newsgroups...unless your a college student with nothing to do but download pr0n all day long.Most people only need 1 or 2 of each trackers, for example OiNK and for music, for games Underground Gamer and Black Cats, and as for 0-day take your pick as it seems everyday theres a new one.Im partial to F*C and TL myself but thats me.
    Do you only observe the private policies of the sites you are partial to?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagine_If View Post
    that allows companies as the RIAA, to get a foothold.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizard
    Ok suppose I am a member of the RIAA. I have a number of buffered accounts, one of which I am just about to trade with you. I get in say by Oink..I note all the members names
    What trackers are you guys members of, where only traded accounts can see member lists, but not invited users? Or is your theory that signup.php can magically detect the RIAA and not let them sign up? Or ...

Last edited by Sentient; 05-03-2007 at 05:24 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentient View Post
    Ok suppose I am a member of the RIAA. I have a number of buffered accounts, one of which I am just about to trade with you. I get in say by Oink..I note all the members names
    What trackers are you guys members of, where only traded accounts can see member lists, but not invited users? Or is your theory that signup.php can magically detect the RIAA and not let them sign up? Or ...

Maybe you should read the first post

The idea of Imagine_If is that all IPs should be noted from user's trading accounts here. These IPs then get sent to the tracker whose security is being compromised by these mega-leechers..is that clear enough now?

The idea is also that FST bans the open posting of accounts for "sale" to stop this kind of fraud which is openly displayed here on this forum. Is that clear?

Now thats not so difficult. The idea also is that you do all your"trading"of invites in FileSharingTalk.com's chat room on SoulSeek..
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-fil...ated-406-67507

Those stuck with "buffered"accounts may visit us too, we can help you get these accounts whitewashed without you passing it on to someone else; we can get it accepted, for you, by the tracker's admin..

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...invites-168777

So what are you waiting for? Ban them, the traders, and you join the respectable traders, on Soulseek.
    Last edited by thewizeard; 05-03-2007 at 10:56 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Sounds a good idea. Then we could help some of the members struggling with their ratio using those buffered accounts. That's caring for the community. No surprises and sharing is caring.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentient View Post

Maybe you should read the first post

The idea of Imagine_If is that all IPs should be noted from user's trading accounts here. These IPs then get sent to the tracker whose security is being compromised by these mega-leechers..is that clear enough now?
    Thank you, I understood the ridiculous suggestion that staff here should narc on their own users quite well. It was the justification that didn't make any sense. How does trading accounts make a site any more vulnerable to the RIAA?

Now thats not so difficult. The idea also is that you do all your"trading"of invites in FileSharingTalk.com's chat room on SoulSeek..
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-fil...ated-406-67507
    This is the first time this thread your Soulseek idea has been mentioned. Again, my issue is that both you and OP said trading accounts makes sites more vulnerable to the RIAA. How?

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    The first problem is that it encourages leechers and is fraud. Among the honest members here are also sharks. Some of these sharks are from the riaa and other similar sort companies. I have even heard that FST accounts are now being traded, by BitTorrent traders. These traders don't give a feck about other seeders, who are part of the community that they have been able to take from but not willing to give( share).

The main message to members here, and I quote
    Quote Originally Posted by FST.com
    Never pay for File Sharing!
    What is going on here is actually Barter, that's a form of payment, that is against FST.com policy, that is what is going on here. The perpetrators should be banned the moment they offer an account and their ip noted and sent immediately to the private tracker's admin, they are compromising, so they can seal the security leak and deal with the fraud, buffered account or not.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast