Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FST on mirc or not to be?

Moonspell13's Avatar Saltwater... BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by trad3r View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonspell13 View Post
    Trades in irc are completely insecure.. Scamming can not be proved and it will be a heaven for scammers.. Not to mention that a lot of ppl will use other ppl's usernames etc.. Avoid it at all costs ppl..
    have you even used IRC?
    you can register nicks with a password. Anyone who doesn't would have no room to complain if some one else used their name.
    Yes, I use irc, I'm idling from time to time in p2pnet.. Anyway, let's say an irc channel opens on a server (any server).. From that moment on, ANYONE can go and register anyone else's nick to use and scam ppl, I don't think everyone will join the server and register the nick from the first moment, though i'm sure some scammers will run immediatly for this... Also what about someone who doesn't want or know how to use irc?? Does he have to learn to use it just so that he registers his nick so that a scammer won't use it without knowing it?? And don't tell me mods will take time to check who's who, we're talking about THOUSANDS of members here on FST .. And even if there's a rule that someone is obligated to check the id of the person by pming him here, then again some ppl would fall for it again.. The only thing that can come out of it is chaos in my opinion... And I've seen it happen before in another thing (not trading stuff)..

ps.Thanx Insomnia

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    pECi's Avatar ZOMG!! Torrent PLSSS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    irc chan would be nice...i'd like to see some nude jessica alba ascii pics
    http://metal.iplay.ro/pic/rmtlogosig.gif

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    I don't mind hosting the channel..so why not. Regading members that try to register under other known member's screen nicks, we would soon find out through a check of the ip. Then take approriate action.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    its been discused before, its very hard when only few staff, and 4000 members idle in channel

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    If you guys do this, I recommend against p2pnet. I wouldn't bet my accounts that the IRCops there won't spy.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    then nobody will use the bittorrent invite section anymore ..lol ...

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Ivanov's Avatar BitTorrent Addict BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    You can make invite-only channel. Only for FST members, using the same username & password for the forum and the IRC channel. Something like RevoTT and FTN channels.
    “For her, yeah. At the end of the day, it's all about her. It's always been about her."

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    emsee's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    There are manny ways to do it
    but i wasnt talking making a trading chan only
    what i was offering its a main FST chan.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    pECi's Avatar ZOMG!! Torrent PLSSS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    trading chan=worthless i wouldn't idle around there...what are these forums for duuh

chat channel for the ppl from this section = very nice and i would most likely be there

and another thing there are tons on networks...it doesn't have to be on p2p-irc
    http://metal.iplay.ro/pic/rmtlogosig.gif

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    emsee's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    the mirc its not about to change the forum
    there is manny scripts/bots that can advertise the new topics/threads of the forums etc...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast