Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's just gone over the top

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    The ignore function would work wonders if you didn't use the BT section. For people that do regularly, these arse-posters can get extremely annoying, therefor driving them away from the board for whatever reason...

I know what you mean , but how many Bit users stay and contribute ? We'll never know but its not a bad thing to gain new members . Example tonight :

836 (130 members and 706 guests)

I just have a problem with ass kissers looking for rep points for helping a member in Hardware World or the Software forum . Ah what do you do ? Can't win so join em ?

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    No reason to join them.. What do mods and admins have the "delete post", "ban", or "PM a threat" functions for?
    You'll never know, but maybe.. just maybe, if you kicked the ass-kissers and the fluff-posters and the flamers/spammers/good-luckers from the BT section, you might just get some more good peeps to contribute there, instead of being driven off because of all the shit on the pavement..
    Why do you think not many NEW people ever visit the Lounge any more?

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I'm in agreement with you tralalala.

When people have reported it in the past, I've deleted it as spam.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Obviously though it is not enough, and something a little more drastic is needed? I don't know what, but it's actually starting to affect me.. And I don't like the fact that a few n00bs posting crap is driving me, a 4 year member here at KLF/FST, absolutely nuts.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    What was the Lounge ever created for...?
    For people to discuss off-topic stuff, and have a laugh

Idiots tend to think it's a place where they can post all the mindless nonsense they want without any aggravation, but it isn't.
    It's not for boosting your post count either, IMO.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    Well, to be honest.. I have seen hundreds, if not thousands of mindless off-topic useless silly posts in the Lounge.. more than any other section (apart from the BT section as I stated originally..).
    I also visit the Lounge occasionally, I aint saying it's a crap place, it's brilliant for people wanting to have a chit-chat about nothing, but that's the only section in FST for that, BT section is NOT.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    What was the Lounge ever created for...?

Idiots tend to think it's a place where they can post all the mindless nonsense they want without any aggravation, but it isn't.
    Are you referring to me?

edit: This is a fact. In fact, they sent me packing from The Lounge, to the bittorrent forum after my Daily Lie Thread..and now, they don't want me there either.
    Last edited by thewizeard; 05-04-2007 at 03:30 PM.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post

Are you referring to me?
    I said mindless, didn't I?

I think that you usually have a point in there somewhere when you post the weirder stuff, just not one that's in tune with with the world outside your head, like. Or something.

At any rate, it has some sort of content, it's mostly that you try too hard in strange directions that puts some people off

So I think you are posting in the right place and all, no worries there.

Really crap posts have no real content at all, and they relate to nothing, and they won't make anyone popular for making them. Some people just never get it, either because they are a bit thick, or because they are hardly ever here, and they see it all as nonsense.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post

Are you referring to me?
    I said mindless, didn't I?

I think that you usually have a point in there somewhere when you post the weirder stuff, just not one that's in tune with with the world outside your head, like. Or something.

At any rate, it has some sort of content, it's mostly that you try too hard in strange directions that puts some people off

So I think you are posting in the right place and all, no worries there.

Really crap posts have no real content at all, and they relate to nothing, and they won't make anyone popular for making them. Some people just never get it, either because they are a bit thick, or because they are hardly ever here, and they see it all as nonsense.

You did indeed

Still thanks for that evaluation, that sort of feedback I really appreciate, especially coming from you, whose opinion, over the years, I have grown to respect. Not to mention your complete grasp of my mother language whose nuances you know to apply in surprising ways...a rising star IMHO

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Please stop the spam "Good trade" posts in this forum. Anyone caught doing more will be put on moderation.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast