Thread: Windows Live Hotmail Launches in US on...

Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Windows Live Hotmail, formly known as Windows Live Mail, is set to launch in the United States Monday, May 7, 2007.

The web-based email will finally step out of its beta stage and will be open for public release where beta testers will be sent a confirmation by way of e-mail thanking them for their service and support.

The new, updated service will "offer several enhancements over the current user interface and is built upon Microsoft's AJAX platform." Some of the enhancements include: right click menus, a paneled interface, and updated search bar. BetaNews says that the new User Interface (UI) is "very similar to that of Outlook, the company's desktop e-mail application." Its still unknown as to whether or not people will be able to register their accounts as live.com, but remember back in December of '06?

So far, Windows Live Hotmail has been released in Belgium, India and the Netherlands.

Source: BetaNews
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 05-05-2007 at 08:18 PM.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    /me steals envelope icon.

yo

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I quite like that icon.

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    SaveFerris's Avatar ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
    Already got myself a Live.com account and the email client/site is nothing special.

5. News (Archive)   -   #5

Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by SaveFerris View Post
    Already got myself a Live.com account and the email client/site is nothing special.
    How's it compare to Google? Or do you know? Just curious...

Also, I ripped the logo from Wiki which seems to be the only place that has WLH's logo. There's something similar from the resources I ripped from Windows Live Mail on Vista.
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 05-05-2007 at 03:54 AM.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Sissoko's Avatar "Witty Comment" BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveFerris View Post
    How did you get it?

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    In case you're interested in have a @Live email address, according to MicroTechXP:
    Quote Originally Posted by MicroTechPC
    Looks like we finally have heard some news on when @live.com e-mail addresses will be released. At LiveSide, Jacky Mok, another Product Manager for Windows Live in Toronto, has posted some information saying when they will be released, he says will be available “in the fall”, along with “a rich family of products” around the same time.

According to the blog entry on livechronicles.spaces.live.com, there will be no migration of address names from current hotmail addresses, so if you have [email protected], there’s no guarantee you will get [email protected]. It’s still on a first come, first served basis like every other e-mail services. Apparently country code addresses will only be available in countries outside the US, so that a Canadian will be able to get an @live.ca address, but not an @live.com one.

Some limited migration will be available, for contacts. Other information will stay with your current accounts: “such as: Windows Live Spaces contents (photos, blogs, etc), your emails, subscription status (hotmail plus or premium), association with other products (Favourites, OneCare, etc).” If you still want @hotmail.com addresses they will still be available, along side @live.com, as it is right now.
    Source: MicroTechXP
    View: JoeJoe.Org

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    WHRST's Avatar immortalis BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    this is crap it aint even working for me anymore