Thread: DigitalHive Disabled Users

mikechrobot's Avatar Trader Hater BT Rep: +2
    At the main page of DigitalHive.org i found that only 38 users have been disabled, an impossibly small number for a tracker with over 22k users, is this because all users are so good (no way!), because the staff is retarded and don't find cheaters and leechers, or a way to trick people into thinking that they can cheat and get away with it.

I'm not asking about it because i want to cheat, i just want to know what this whole thing is about and what other people think about it.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by mikechrobot View Post
    At the main page of DigitalHive.org i found that only 38 users have been disabled, an impossibly small number for a tracker with over 22k users, is this because all users are so good (no way!), because the staff is retarded and don't find cheaters and leechers, or a way to trick people into thinking that they can cheat and get away with it.

I'm not asking about it because i want to cheat, i just want to know what this whole thing is about and what other people think about it.

I am sure its more the fake that its been 38 users that have been banned and have not been pruned yet. Many sites will keep banned accounts around untill they are ready to be pruned.

I am sure alot more have been banned and pruned over time.

Wild

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    i think that usually the sites don't prune the disabled accounts so that the username and e-mail can't be used by the same person, would be strange if digitalhive had a policy that was different from that

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by mikechrobot View Post
    i think that usually the sites don't prune the disabled accounts so that the username and e-mail can't be used by the same person, would be strange if digitalhive had a policy that was different from that

Cant speak for others but for use they are stored and the accounts pruned. We have a nice page that shows all the clowns we have banned. usename they used, ips used email accounts and other things.

Wild

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    nice one, all sites should have that

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    DH-Sysop
    Well speaking for Digitalhive, we do have a page that keeps track of all disabled accounts from the past as well as soon as they create a new account it gets disabled or blacklisted automatically.

Also, we only have 38 disabled accounts but we have quite a few blacklisted users (1,690). We have a ton of good users on the site and we do prune accounts all the time.

We do catch cheaters, we have a pretty good system to do it.
    Last edited by ACiD; 05-07-2007 at 04:20 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Good to hear.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    yeah, so blacklisted accounts is disabled just that after some time, was thinking about that, thanks