Thread: IP Address

I have a question about changing my ip address. I have dynamic ip address. But i was wondering how to change my ip address. I have tried to unplug the power from the modem for about 5 minutes but the ip did not change. Also i have a linksys wireless network set up and i was wondering if i change the external ip address of the modem will that mess up my wireless network. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thankyou.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    DaMan05's Avatar GO HABS GO! BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    if its dynamic... it will change eventually, why do you have to change it? and if your external IP changes, it doesnt do anything to your network. my ISP knows i download so much, so they change my ip every 10-15 min... its pretty annoying.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    hey...1st how r u???.....Look search for this programe ~~~> ''Proxy'' Good programe to change ur Ip try it

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    The Hitcher's Avatar I'm a cockney flower
    with my isp (blueyonder) i am also on dynamic ip address BUT for the ip address to physically change i have to leave my cable modem turned off for about 24 hours. Although i am on dynamic ip my ip address has not changed for fooking ages due to my router always being up.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    I have the exact same situation. My ip address, which is dynamic, has not changed for the past year unless i unplug the cable modem(isp: rr)

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    /me takes notes.

yo