Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you ask me, this doesn't sound fair at all (at all)

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Pennsylvania Court Orders Sperm Donor to Lesbian Couple to Pay Child Support

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,271116,00.html

I wonder why only FOXNEWS is bothering with this...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Good lord give me a F*ckin break! I am going back to the sperm bank to get my donations back. I guess I will have to look for another source of income.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post
    Good lord give me a F*ckin break! I am going back to the sperm bank to get my donations back. I guess I will have to look for another source of income.
    Tell you what...a whole lotta lesbians gonna go begging around this place.

They can all go screw.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post
    Tell you what...a whole lotta lesbians gonna go begging around this place.

They can all go screw.

I'll gladly donate some sperm. I won't have to wash my socks again!!
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    From what I've read, the donor is a father figure to the child. So much so, that the court sees this as a three-way parental situation. The child even calls him "Papa".

Definitely a strange case.

Is he even a legal guardian?

yo

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    it's not surprising, given the circumstances. Why does it surprise you? It's not from a sperm bank, he has a relationship with them (fatherly). So, he should have a relationship with them, but not contribute? If things went down differently - the partner (non-birth mother) adopted the child and the guy gave up all rights this would be a different story altogether. If he/they didn't want to have a relationship with the child it would've been handled differently.

I fail to see your issue. Is everything black and white in your world?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    In the UK, a sperm donor's right to anonymity was removed in 2005.

This means that when the child is 18, they are entitled to find out which wanker is their father.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    Quote Originally Posted by backlash View Post
    it's not surprising, given the circumstances. Why does it surprise you? It's not from a sperm bank, he has a relationship with them (fatherly). So, he should have a relationship with them, but not contribute? If things went down differently - the partner (non-birth mother) adopted the child and the guy gave up all rights this would be a different story altogether. If he/they didn't want to have a relationship with the child it would've been handled differently.

I fail to see your issue. Is everything black and white in your world?

For someone who failed to see the issue you sure had a lot to say.
    Last edited by MaxOverlord; 05-11-2007 at 02:13 PM.
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    oh man, I didn't read that the dude was dead. my bad.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by backlash View Post
    oh man, I didn't read that the dude was dead. my bad.
    Well, that's not really the least of it.

The problem is that this case will eventually be used as precedent in other cases where an anonymous donor is used.

Even given the rather different facts of this case, unless Frampton had some sort of legal standing as to paternity, nevermind the fact of his having been openly involved in the child's life, his estate ought to be out of reach by any means other than an inclusion in his estate, or will.

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast