Thread: Upload Leechers

BassJunkie's Avatar Poster
    I'm really frustrated because i went to the trouble of uploading a album so i can get my ratio up and the first person to download it from me leeches all the other uploading..... if you know what i mean. I usually upload a 30kbps which is pretty slow i'm sure you will agree. But when he is leeching the uploads, i only upload at 10 kbps and he uploads at 60 kbps, and i only end up uploading around 30 mb of a 130 mb album that i uploaded in the first place..........

surely the uploader has the right to the fastest connection he possibly can!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted this at the oink forum and it got moved to the trash straight away.
    And i got a warning. The Oink mod's are a bunch of ass holes!!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Thats just the way torrents work..

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    There are other ways to raise your ratio. It's been proven to be successful to only download one .rxx file from a torrent that is still in its original scene release form with splitted archive files. Try doing that for those torrents with the worst seeder/leecher ratio and you might just be able to max out your upstream for a few hours.

Also, with a slow speed like yours (mine isn't that much better either most of the time) you will hardly get satisfactory results instantly. Try seeding over time, which works better on some trackers than on others.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I only have this problem on oink, on other tracker sites i still upload at 30 kbp. what kind of a file is .rxx?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by BassJunkie View Post
    what kind of a file is .rxx?
    That was just a placeholder for .rar - .r99. Which means downloading ie a single 15mb file from a 700mb torrent and seeding those back several times.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Ahh, thats a good idea, but i'm yet to find a site that does, for music albums anyway

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    since rarfiles aren't allowed at OiNK I don't really know the point in doing that. Rather download the most popular songs of the most active torrents and you will be slowly able to seed.

Also keep as many torrents as possible seeding, and I'm sure you have heard this before, but ripping your own CDs and encoding them to FLAC will get you upload.

Also there is no need when ripping to just concentrate on the most popular stuff, because the most popular stuff will get many seeders fast while the less popular will always only have a few seeds giving you much more upload in the end.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    Hmm, For you only to manage to upload 30 mb of a 130 mb file is rather impossible unless someone else had the same files and started seeding with you.
    This might happen, its perhaps not right to do it, but the person thats seeding with you is prolly just as desperate to raise their ratio as well.
    All you can do is find another album and upload that.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    So it sounds like i'm just gonna have to take it like a man and be patient then......

Oh well thanx for the advice guys.