Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swedvdr logo.

mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Haha, I just noticed this today. I guess they know who their competition is. Of course competition for WHAT I don't know. I don't think anything is at stake.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    hosam200's Avatar No More Trade BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    yeah it's a funny logo they r throwing swebits to the trash haha

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Yep, its quite hilarious. Swebits dumped.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BamZow's Avatar Pure Swedish power BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Staff @ Swewdvdr & Swebits were good friends, when something went wrong. It happened from time to time that some of Swebits uploaders downloaded from Swedvdr and uploaded to Swebits.
    This of course isnīt that wrong, but every serious tracker should at least have uploaders with their own axx.

But now this "war" is more on a friendly level, and the two trackers are operating together against cheaters and other bad persons. If you get caught cheating on Swebits, you will also get your account deleted from Swedvdr and vice versa. This also goes for Softmp3 as it is owned by the SysOP at Swedvdr.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by BamZow View Post
    Staff @ Swewdvdr & Swebits were good friends, when something went wrong. It happened from time to time that some of Swebits uploaders downloaded from Swedvdr and uploaded to Swebits.
    This of course isnīt that wrong, but every serious tracker should at least have uploaders with their own axx.

But now this "war" is more on a friendly level, and the two trackers are operating together against cheaters and other bad persons. If you get caught cheating on Swebits, you will also get your account deleted from Swedvdr and vice versa. This also goes for Softmp3 as it is owned by the SysOP at Swedvdr.
    Very informative. So these guys make money off these trackers? I always thought it was kinda someone's sideline or hobby even. Do they do it for a living?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BamZow's Avatar Pure Swedish power BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    Very informative. So these guys make money off these trackers? I always thought it was kinda someone's sideline or hobby even. Do they do it for a living?
    Iīm sorry if I wrote wierd and confusing, but I didnīt mention anything about money!? Where did you get that from? Of course they donīt have this as a living.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by BamZow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    Iīm sorry if I wrote wierd and confusing, but I didnīt mention anything about money!? Where did you get that from? Of course they donīt have this as a living.
    You were very clear, I was just wondering if you knew all the info in your first post you might know the financial side as well. I was just curious.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    yes trackers can make alot of money from advertising (banners) and from Donations for upload credit, custom title and VIP accounts.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    ChotaZorro's Avatar Arsenal Fan BT Rep: +1
    But they also have a lot of server maintenance and other costs isn't it?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    depends on the size of the site, i think demonoid and bitsoup make a fair amount of profits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast