Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can vista disable pirate software

hi all, just a quick question. i have vista (the legal copy) but i want to know if vista has something built in that in the future will stop any pirated software (not just microsofts own) from working correctly, i.e uninstalling the programs or reporting them.

please help i have never downloaded any pirate software as yet just want to know as if thats the case then i would never get any of that software.

thanks for the help

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Since you have Vista and its legit license, then you should not have a problem running other pirated software as long as you don't do anything stupid like registering it. Other than that, I think you should be fine, but I'm not completely sure.

As of now, I only know that Vista will disable itself if it's pirated, but not other software.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    I did some reading on this awhile back before I installed Vista.

Vista is just an OS, it runs programs. But it doesn't care if that program is 'legit' or not. That is that programs problem, not windows.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    maverick_andy's Avatar broken heart... BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    there are no OS which disable other software if its pirated.
    I've learned that it takes years to build up trust,
    and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.

I am proud to be a part of this communities.FSC|FST

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    thanks everyone for the help, i have heard that some programs e. virus scanners you need to put in serial numbers etc, but surely that would send info back to the company that made the software saying its a pirate copy?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    I have had loads of problems getting cracked software to even install on vista. i have heard of very few bits of software that phone home and actually stop working. even if they do generally the groups the release the software stop this when they crack the software.

dont be so paranoid.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    cheers for the help guys most informative

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    DaMan05's Avatar GO HABS GO! BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    my vista is pirated, every game on my PC is pirated, every application is pirated, my virus scan is pirated and im currently downloading more pirated stuff... im running just fine

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    haha :-)

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMan05 View Post
    my vista is pirated, every game on my PC is pirated, every application is pirated, my virus scan is pirated and im currently downloading more pirated stuff... im running just fine
    eee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast