Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Falwell, Dead

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Thought he was a bit mad but not as mad as say Phelps - even Pitchfork Pat is a bit madder.
    Word has it (we shall see on the day) that Phelps is going to protest outside the funeral

Phelps website

jerry-falwell-funeral.pdf

if you would prefer seeing the horses mouth rear end talk in person

Much as I disliked Falwell I think Phelps is worse.

It will be interesting though.............when "Christians" collide..... who will turn the other cheek the most.
    Fred "bile while you wait" Phelps is a remarkable institution. Like Jesus, he hounds those who grieve and harries those who are desolate ....wait...shome mishtake shurely?
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post

Word has it (we shall see on the day) that Phelps is going to protest outside the funeral

Phelps website

jerry-falwell-funeral.pdf

if you would prefer seeing the horses mouth rear end talk in person

Much as I disliked Falwell I think Phelps is worse.

It will be interesting though.............when "Christians" collide..... who will turn the other cheek the most.
    Fred "bile while you wait" Phelps is a remarkable institution. Like Jesus, he hounds those who grieve and harries those who are desolate ....wait...shome mishtake shurely?
    Unfortunately those "representatives" of Christ have become gooey-eyed by the Almighty Dollar. The path to salvation doesn't have anything to do with money and power IMO. Anytime I see someone speaking on Jesus' behalf who is wearing a gold watch I get just a wee bit suspicious of the motive.

But hey, in the USA if you can make a buck off of it All is fair game.
    Even if that means spitting vile garbage out of your mouth.
    P.S. In previous posts I spoke up for Falwell. Not because I agree with what he said but because I don't think celebrating his death was any more proper than the garbage he said.
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOverlord View Post
    P.S. In previous posts I spoke up for Falwell. Not because I agree with what he said but because I don't think celebrating his death was any more proper than the garbage he said.
    I agree.

On the other hand when Phelps goes.......................

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    I agree.

I'm not familiar with Phelps.

I'm not too interested in the so-called religious leaders. Especially when they become politically driven.

I always envision some poor,tired soul working behind the scenes of a soup kitchen or the like when I think of someone serving Man for the sake of love of God.
    Get my drift?
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie View Post
    He's trying to say,that meh is a brittish word,and that you're
    acting lyke teh heard.

-bd
    Skiz is loike the dumb clueless guy in the back of the room.

Sorry Skidz.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    I agree.

I'm not too interested in the so-called religious leaders. Especially when they become politically driven.

I always envision some poor,tired soul working behind the scenes of a soup kitchen or the like when I think of someone serving Man for the sake of love of God.
    Get my drift?
    It's hard not for them to become politically driven cuz idiots keep pumping their egos up.

I won't celebrate his death but he was idiot fuck; smart at making money with all the dumb shit he said.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

Get my drift?
    It's hard not for them to become politically driven cuz idiots keep pumping their egos up.

I won't celebrate his death but he was idiot fuck; smart at making money with all the dumb shit he said.
    I guess it's justified by saying Jesus was political(which He certainly was.)
    Don't think He would approve of the priorities of the Religo-Politico today.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Poster
    Vid, you are right...Phelps is a loose cannon.

The Patriot Guard has been really helpful protecting grieving families from he and his followers.

I think he probably has some skeletons in his closet or something.

I have to say that I have always felt like he was way too intense of a zealot against homosexuality to be deriving his beliefs from Biblical means. He is really fanatical.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose View Post
    Vid, you are right...Phelps is a loose cannon.

The Patriot Guard has been really helpful protecting grieving families from he and his followers.

I think he probably has some skeletons in his closet or something.

I have to say that I have always felt like he was way too intense of a zealot against homosexuality to be deriving his beliefs from Biblical means. He is really fanatical.
    I'm not celebrating his death. (I didn't order a cake) However,I do despise
    him.

He was a christian who couldn't be counted on to turn the other cheek.

ps...Hi,Rose!

-bd

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Poster
    I don't think there is anything wrong with celebrating no longer having to listen to a very loud viewpoint we didn't have respect for or always agree with.

Too bad he had to die for that to happen...although his being a Christian, he would want us to celebrate his death, right?

Hi BD.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast