Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Hitter?

-------------- BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    I would say Manny Ramirez since hes getting hot again and eats up pressure like a snackbar. I'm a big fan of A-Rod, minus yankees, but he hasn't proven himself in the playoffs.

2. Sports Club   -   #22
    Well Bonds would be intentionally walked with 1st base open. Most great batters probably would.

But assuming that the other team HAS to pitch to someone, I'd take Derek Jeter. He's not the most powerful or even the best hitter, but he won't make a bad out. He rarely strikes out and has the speed to beat out a ball. Plus he is clutch. I'm a Yankee hater, but I have to give him his due.

David Ortiz is a good option as well, but Jeter's speed (in relation to Ortiz') does it for me. It isn't like a HR is needed, just a base hit should score the run from second. If a HR is needed, I'd take Puljos.

3. Sports Club   -   #23
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by lettuce View Post
    Well Bonds would be intentionally walked with 1st base open. Most great batters probably would.

But assuming that the other team HAS to pitch to someone, I'd take Derek Jeter. He's not the most powerful or even the best hitter, but he won't make a bad out. He rarely strikes out and has the speed to beat out a ball. Plus he is clutch. I'm a Yankee hater, but I have to give him his due.

David Ortiz is a good option as well, but Jeter's speed (in relation to Ortiz') does it for me. It isn't like a HR is needed, just a base hit should score the run from second. If a HR is needed, I'd take Puljos.

Fair point. Well presented.

-bd

4. Sports Club   -   #24
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Oh man I need new glasses ,I read this as Best Hitler and thought should be in the Drawing Room . These days I'd take the Canuck kid Justin Morneau .

5. Sports Club   -   #25
    AmpeD's Avatar the o'lol factor BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    bonds makes me sick and is the reason i no longer am a fan of pro baseball. I would pick someone like miguel cabrera who is a clutch hitter with the rbis and not necessarily the hr's

6. Sports Club   -   #26
    WhiteWizard20's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I'd have to pick Derek Jeter. Good contact, rarely strikes out, very good speed and he seems to do better under pressure. Plus, he has experience in the playoffs and the world series. Btw, he won 4 championships already.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123