Thread: Nu CPU&MOBO

iNSOMNiA's Avatar 1/G BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Well, i have to buy a new kit cpu + mobo but i don't know much about hardware . I want to buy a cheap INTEL (775) so i maybe can upgrade it for a Qxxxx in few months.. this is what I planned to buy so far:

MSI 945PL Neo3-F

INTEL Core 2 Duo E4300

-Good Benchs and cheap price ( $120 USD )

any thoughts on this ?
    Last edited by iNSOMNiA; 05-17-2007 at 12:31 AM.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Not a good mobo. First of all,it doesn't support quad cores. Second, the FSB is slow, only 800MHz which will be fine for the e4300 and e4400, but not above. Also, highest speed ram supported is DDR2 533.

I the GA965P-DS3 and am very happy with it. I'm running w/ an e6600 and have the option to upgrade to a quad core. Also, it supports DDR2 800 ram (which I am using).

I'm not saying for you to use my board, but I'd keep looking.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    iNSOMNiA's Avatar 1/G BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    thanks for the heads up, i don't want to spend much money for my comp so i have to buy cheap hardware
    what do you think of this one : Asus P5ND2-SLI

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    ASUS is always a good choice. I have used the P5N before and it hasn't let me down yet.

For your upgrade, are you only going to upgrade your cpu or cpu and mobo? If just your cpu, you may want to invest in a good mobo if you're going to get a quad-core. A good mobo (but a little pricey) is the ASUS P5B Deluxe/Wi-Fi. I currently have that board and there is nothing bad about it yet and I've had it for about 3 months now. Great overclocking, cooling, support, expandability.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    Same problem with the P5ND2 board:

Does not support Quad core.
    Only supports memory up to 667.

I think a lot of gamers are going to be disappointed with Quad Core technology, since initially few games will be written to take advantage of the processor's benefits.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.