Thread: WHY DO U DELETE SOME NZBs?

Urgent

Ive noticed that delete some nzb's because u say there old. but why leave the post up? why just u delete the whole post or leave the nzb! cant some older ones still be downloaded with usenext!

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsick View Post
    Ive noticed that delete some nzb's because u say there old. but why leave the post up? why just u delete the whole post or leave the nzb! cant some older ones still be downloaded with usenext!

Depends on how OLD an NZB you are talking about.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    IF the filenames are still left (I believe they are) then you should be able to generate your OWN nzb from your newsreader. If of course it has that capability. I never d/l any nzb's, I generate my own from my newsreader (NewsRover). Easier to do and gives me a way to verify that the files actually exist on my news-server (GN), and how many par files to get if they arn't.

I'm sure the reason has to do with the amount of HD space it all takes up.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Ty For The Response =)

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsick View Post
    We leave the threads up and and list the NZB as inactive so we can archive the threads and keep a history of what was uploaded. NZB retention on filesharingtalk is usually around 60 days so if you are unable to download an NZB due to its age either message me and tell me what you want or simply copy and paste the thread title into the binsearch.info search box and create your own NZB.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    60 days does seem a little short these days with most premium newservers around the 100 day mark.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 4play View Post
    60 days does seem a little short these days with most premium newservers around the 100 day mark.
    NZB retention was lowered to 60 days because the size limit of NZB's was increased to 7MB. This is due to x264, XBOX360, DVDR, PS3 and HDDVD releases. The bigger the release the bigger the NZB, plain and simple. Though I do agree 60 days isn't long enough. Hopefully in the near future an upgrade will be in order.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Why not rar all the nzb's, it makes them a lot smaller.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by groggy View Post
    Why not rar all the nzb's, it makes them a lot smaller.
    We can't upload a RAR archives because the file format isn't supported on filesharingtalk. If you meant ZIP then yes we could but that adds a lot more complication to process of uploading NZB's. Fact of the matter is you need to make space for new NZB's by deleting the old ones. Plain and simple.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Additionally you could link directly to an offsite nzb download or search.
    Just add the filename to a search of newzleech/binsearch.

eg. http://www.newzleech.com/usenet/?mode=usenet&q=filename

A few dutch sites do it like this.