Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Halo 2 PC This Tuesday!

mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Halo 2 is scheduled to be released in North America on May 22nd. http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halo2/index.html

So, what do you all think? Will it be worth playing?

I'm going to download as soon as it comes out. Man, will I be able to seed well on that

2. Games   -   #2
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i really dug halo 1 on pc, but never beat it cuz i formated and took the game with it. never got back to it. i want to... is halo 2 just as good or maybe even better?
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. Games   -   #3
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    they say that the story line is a little weak, but it is still a very good FSP. Personally, I most look forward to being able to dual-wield SMGs

4. Games   -   #4
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Halo on the PC was a bit meh for me. I don't know if I can really be bothered sorting out a dual-boot just to play Halo 2 (as it only plays on Vista).

5. Games   -   #5
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Halo on the PC was a bit meh for me. I don't know if I can really be bothered sorting out a dual-boot just to play Halo 2 (as it only plays on Vista).
    Since I already beat it ages ago, the only reason it looks enticing to me is because it'll have a map editor.

Otherwise, I can wait for Halo 3 on the 360.

6. Games   -   #6
    The only person In know with a console is my cousin, and I hardly see I'm. I really haven't played halo 2 but a few times. I'm really looking forward to this release. Plus, the graphics in the pc version will be better than you ever dreamed of on console.

7. Games   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    The only person In know with a console is my cousin, and I hardly see I'm. I really haven't played halo 2 but a few times. I'm really looking forward to this release. Plus, the graphics in the pc version will be better than you ever dreamed of on console.
    No I've seen Halo on the PC and the graphics weren't better than I ever dreamed of on a console.

It was simply better looking albeit ages later.

One reason is that the PC keeps getting upgraded with new cards and another is that....well it came out much later for the PC. It should have looked better.

I bet if Halo 2 came out optimized for the 360 it would look better.

I'm not biased either way. I dislike PCs for gaming due to not being able to easily play on a big screen and integrate it into an entainment setup. I have a 65" HDTV ffs! Why would I care to play most of my games on a 20" monitor?

PCs would be a dominate gaming platform if they would court the general public and have a standard.

Also strict PC game players miss out on games like God Of War and Resident Evil 4 by being biased.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 05-21-2007 at 02:29 AM.

8. Games   -   #8
    i sometimes hook up my pc to my 65" hdtv and play CSS with 7.1 surround.. its cool.. but hurts my eyes after awhile

9. Games   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by colt45joe View Post
    i sometimes hook up my pc to my 65" hdtv and play CSS with 7.1 surround.. its cool.. but hurts my eyes after awhile
    Why? Do you sit to close?

I haven't got 7.1 yet. I didn't think too many things used it and couldn't justify the cost.

10. Games   -   #10
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    I'm not biased either way. I dislike PCs for gaming due to not being able to easily play on a big screen and integrate it into an entainment setup. I have a 65" HDTV ffs! Why would I care to play most of my games on a 20" monitor?
    what does that mean? why can't u? idk what kind of 65' u have, but if it's got a vga hookup then it's cake. that shoulda been how u did it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™
    Also strict PC game players miss out on games like God Of War and Resident Evil 4 by being biased.
    good point. that's why i still play consoles for teh good games that strict pc gamers miss out on.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast