Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    who was the lone samuri!?[/spoiler]
    I think the lone Samurai is Hiro's dad. I am mainly basing this on the fact that the actor who plays his dad has very distinctive/intense eyes and so did the the lone Samurai. Another thing that supports the theory is when Hiro asked his father what he knew about killing and he replied more than you think and then proceeded to give a pretty nifty martial arts demonstration.

The question also made me wonder if the lone Samurai is the same Samurai that Hiro used to read about as a child. That could possibly mean that Hiro and his dad share the same ability, I don't think any of the other heroes have passed down the exact same ability but Hiro's dad mentioned something about waiting a long time for someone who was worthy of the challenge (I can't remember his exact words). At the time I assumed he meant another member of his family with a special ability but maybe he meant with the same ability.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    [Good series, nicely finished (though they had to drop a few bits in to drag out another series).
    Well American TV shows tend to last more than one round. You drag out another series. I say I'm looking forward to next season.

I don't get why there should be only one season.

Even with Lost, this season has been quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchStanton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    who was the lone samuri!?[/spoiler]
    I think the lone Samurai is Hiro's dad. I am mainly basing this on the fact that the actor who plays his dad has very distinctive/intense eyes and so did the the lone Samurai. Another thing that supports the theory is when Hiro asked his father what he knew about killing and he replied more than you think and then proceeded to give a pretty nifty martial arts demonstration.

The question also made me wonder if the lone Samurai is the same Samurai that Hiro used to read about as a child. That could possibly mean that Hiro and his dad share the same ability, I don't think any of the other heroes have passed down the exact same ability but Hiro's dad mentioned something about waiting a long time for someone who was worthy of the challenge (I can't remember his exact words). At the time I assumed he meant another member of his family with a special ability but maybe he meant with the same ability.
    It could be that his dad doesn't age like the rest of us. Maybe he's an old fucker....a really old fucker.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 05-22-2007 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    It could be that his dad doesn't age like the rest of us. Maybe he's an old fucker....a really old fucker.
    Quite possibly, I hadn't considered that but it that would certainly tie in with the fact he said he had waited a long time (assuming of course he is the lone Samurai).

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Quite possibly, I hadn't considered that but it that would certainly tie in with the fact he said he had waited a long time (assuming of course he is the lone Samurai).
    Maybe he's a Highlander.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Also the lone samurai had a flag with the same symbol that's on some of the heroes' bodies.
    Was that the same flag as the one in the samurai sword repair shop that Hiro met his father in?

Maybe he's a Highlander.
    Ha! Maybe, as long as the second series of heroes isn't as shit as Highlander 2 I will be happy.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Was that the same flag as the one in the samurai sword repair shop that Hiro met his father in?

Maybe he's a Highlander.
    Ha! Maybe, as long as the second series of heroes isn't as shit as Highlander 2 I will be happy.
    It would be hard for them to mess it up. As I said before, there many rip-offs of Rising Stars which was pretty darn good.

I wouldn't mind having that comic in hardback. That and The Watchmen.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    there many rip-offs of Rising Stars which was pretty darn good.

I will have to check Rising Stars out (dunno when though, I still haven't got round to reading Miracle Man yet) Watchmen is great, when I think about it I still only have the softcover version which is surprising considering how many Alan Moore hardbacks I own.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    I thought this show was a rip off from the 4400 series

Special abilities and saving the world...
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    there many rip-offs of Rising Stars which was pretty darn good.

I will have to check Rising Stars out (dunno when though, I still haven't got round to reading Miracle Man yet) Watchmen is great, when I think about it I still only have the softcover version which is surprising considering how many Alan Moore hardbacks I own.
    Trust me and skip Miracle Man.

Rising Stars follows the story of the Specials. Over some city (that starts with a P) a comet flies over and everyone conceived at that time was born with powers.

When the government finds these kids with powers, hearings are held and they are put in camps (like band camp type not refugee).

In one part, there was this certain Special at camp that was awakened from his bunk bed every night by a counselor and then returned to his bed. This happened over and over until one day he looked at the counselor and said, "BURRRN". The counselor was fried and the boy was taken away.

The story continues into their adulthood. There are numerous Specials. Many lead ordinary lives. One guy, Super Patriot, had a huge corporate sponsor and was like a super hero (one of few with a costume). One guy was invulnerable but he was a fat fuck. He did commercials where he would touch a live wire and get shocked but ultimately he was lonely. One day he was killed. So were many others....by another Special.

One boy at camp, was teased by the other kids cuz he could fly, but only about 6 feet off the ground. He was fat and (well you see how the kids teased him). Well day he rose up 6 feet off the ground with a tear in his eye, then kept rising, until no one saw him again.

SingTFU now.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    wishmaster2's Avatar NetEmpire BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    so..i think i am the only one unsatisfied from the finale.... first i was waiting for a 2 hour ending...like i had read from tv.com, second i was expecting the fight between peter and sylar to be better..they didnt even use all their powers and when hiro came to kill sylar,sylar didnt do anything to stop him..he just stared at him and got killed....it was one of the worst seasons finale i have ever watched... i really liked all the other episodes and my rating was between 9-10 but the last one was below 5 for me....
    anw this is just me...hope everyone else liked it...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast