Thread: question about mulitple utorrent on linux

KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Hi,

i need help setting up a second utorrent on my linux box.

we are going to be 2 users on it and i want distinct instances.

i managed to run utorrent on two different users without problem, but my utorrent which doesn't run as root isn't seem to be connectable, i tried a couple of ports without success.

i just don't get what is wrong with it

anyone can help on this?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Bunny Hopper BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    How did you install wine? I ran into this problem by not installing wine properly. The best way to go is use the script on this page: http://wiki.winehq.org/CentOS to create a custom rpm package of the latest version of wine.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i installed it from a centos extras repository, don't remember exactly

i'll try this, thx!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Bunny Hopper BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I also installed wine from an extra repo first, but it's an older version (0.9.24) and runs horribly with utorrent though it is connectable. The latest version is 0.9.37 and it is running really well for me. When using that script, make sure you read its comments to create the .rpmmacros file

Edit: Actually now that I think about it, if you want, I can just send you the rpm file, much simpler, and save you half an hour of compiling. Send me a PM if you want.
    Last edited by naq; 05-23-2007 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost