Thread: RatDVD

Creeping Death's Avatar Pedant
    Right I've got this RatDVD file which will only either play the audio or the video part, depending what I open it with. Tried Moopeg, VLC, Windows Media, and the Ratdvd program. They all only give me the video part and I think it was vlc where I only got audio.

Any ideas? I was thinking maybe some new codecs are needed, wouldn't know where to start there though

Or I could just open it up twice, once with vlc once with Windows media, and attempt to press play simultaneously

Thanks!

I've been looking for solutions to my problem since before I posted this, and a lot of people have apparently had this problem but any answers I can find are either obviously crap or they won't work.

Surely there must be a way to fix this?
    Last edited by Creeping Death; 05-23-2007 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS
    I remember way back when from torrentbytes I downloaded a RatDVD file. Mind you it was nuked cause RatDVD isn't a acceptable format in the scene but I remember the only way I could get it to play succesfully was to convert it back to DVD.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Creeping Death's Avatar Pedant
    Yeah, that appears to be the most reasonable solution here.

Only takes about 4 hours to convert back, so well worth it.

Oh well

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    WHRST's Avatar immortalis BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    i hated ratdvd when i was into dvd's xvid are much easier though u can have 6/3 xvid movies it depends on the size or 12 xvid tv eps which take only 5 minutes to burn. Divx player FTW.