Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is tophos.org

yoyogi4's Avatar Wanna see my BooBoo? BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I heard it was a great, no awesome tracker and I've never heard it being requested here!!
    They have the FST logo in their site so I thought you guys might know what this site is about.

ThX

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    They where open for signup, 2 days ago.
    I know that because I signed up
    I went back like an hour later and they where closed.
    They had a few problems recently, as well as deleting a lot of accounts.
    I guess that why they where open.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    barral01's Avatar Member BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    It's a good tracker but have small users database.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Best person to answer you is Melvinmeow. It's his site and he comes by FST a lot. He's quite helpful. I think it's a nice site, although i havent used it much lately (sorry Melvin). It's a generalistic tracker, you can find all kinds of files there.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    AkaiDoresu's Avatar MilfHunter BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Is 0day site, as someone said, it had open signups few days ago.
    Have a nice day.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Its not requested that often due to the fact there are ussually no invites for it, other than if you are invited by a staff member. Also probably due to the fact that I use this site (FST) with my REAL alias so people know that im here so maybe they are afraid to trade accounts ect.
    In regaurds to the 3 days of open signups last weekend... We normally open signups for a few days every couple of months. We already had it planned for last weekend prior to the issues with the DB. Just turns out it happened the same week the db was having issues.
    Theres almost 7,000 users on the site despite what some people may think, which isnt large and it isnt all that small.
    There are 2,471 torrents seeding on the site at this time.
    Most of the torrents people may notice are films which is basically our niche.
    We specialize mainly in Divx/Xvid releases.
    Honestly we seem to be a more friendly community than you would notice on some other sites. I personally would compare it to that of U*-T or FSC where the users all know each other and help each other out. We also value our users so every couple of months we post a feedback topic in the forums asking what users think about the site, what could/should be changed, ect...
    If your just looking for another 0-day tracker to dl releases this probably wouldnt be the site for you. While we do have alot of new internal files, also scene releases with comparable pre times to alot of other sites, our main focus is on the environment of the site itself and not the pre times like some other sites ussually put their main focus on.

I think this post has a basic idea of what the site is and what its like,
    If you have any other questions about the site feel free to ask.

Also your better off asking users for their own opinions of the site... since I could litterally think 1 think about the site and users may have a completely differant opinion
    Last edited by Melvinmeow; 05-24-2007 at 02:24 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    BANNED BT Rep: +5
    Melvinmeow theres an eta for the db problems fix?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    The DB has been fixed since Wednesday or Thursday last week.
    I ussually make DB backups daily but unfortunately the hd I backed them up on crashed the same day the db did lol
    Guess im just un-lucky.
    I had to recover the users tabled from a backup like 4 weeks old or somewhere around that figure. So anyone who got accounts ect... since then would have had to signup for a new account again.
    If your account isnt working for some reason feel free to pm me with the details and I can try and get it fixed up for you.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Moonspell13's Avatar Saltwater... BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Also maybe Melvin doesn't want to tell it because he's shy etc. but Tophos has a lots of its own releases, and some of them were stolen and uploaded as scene releases recently but Melvin uncovered those wannabes And what he said about the community is true, I haven't been a lot in the forums but from what I've checked there and in their irc ppl are really nice,helpful and act as friends (and with a lot of humour )

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonspell13 View Post
    Also maybe Melvin doesn't want to tell it because he's shy etc. but Tophos has a lots of its own releases, and some of them were stolen and uploaded as scene releases recently but Melvin uncovered those wannabes And what he said about the community is true, I haven't been a lot in the forums but from what I've checked there and in their irc ppl are really nice,helpful and act as friends (and with a lot of humour )
    If you cant already see from the comedy side of things check the bot in the irc chan.. mention the name Storm in there and it goes nuts.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast