Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem through openning my drivers!!

nirvana_522's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    HI guys.... its my first post here in this section....
    have some serious problem.... I was infected by some Trojan ...don't remember its name ... and after that something happened to my hard drivers ....
    every time I try to enter one of them like D: or E: ....etc ... i got this problem in this image

then I formated the C: (primary drive) I re-install the XP SP2 ...
    and the C: return to his normal situation but the other drivers still have the same problem tell now ...
    I'm using the Kapersky Internet Security newest version with full update
    and did a full scan to my computer withing Kasper and virus gone but the problem stayed

anyone has a solution please??

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Some kind of malware has altered the file association for the "Drive" file type . Sometimes when you repair or remove a Trojan it takes files and exe.'s kicking and screaming with them . You are talking about HDD 's tho not optical drives like a DVD ?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    nirvana_522's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Some kind of malware has altered the file association for the "Drive" file type . Sometimes when you repair or remove a Trojan it takes files and exe.'s kicking and screaming with them . You are talking about HDD 's tho not optical drives like a DVD ?
    1rst thanks for ur reply ...the DVD drive is working well as drive c: ... but the others not working well ....
    as u saw it asking me to choose a program to open them ...
    do u recommended a program to use through?

I tried IE but don't work .... now im surfing through windows explorer (win+E)

thanks in advance

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    kapowcowpwned's Avatar BCC token orange kid BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I guess if worst comes to worst you could always just reinstall windows or w/e you use.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by kapowcowpwned View Post
    I guess if worst comes to worst you could always just reinstall windows or w/e you use.
    I did that for c: i formatted it and re-install winXP SP2 ... and its works probably but other drivers are very huge 120 G.B per one and its nearly full ..can't format them

anyway thanks for trying help

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Go to Folder Option, Then to TAB File Types and navigate to option [NONE] Folder
    Refer to the screenshot,

now Click advance, in the advance Window you may set the default action back to Open or ad any other action if you like

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by kabir0077 View Post
    Go to Folder Option, Then to TAB File Types and navigate to option [NONE] Folder
    Refer to the screenshot,

now Click advance, in the advance Window you may set the default action back to Open or ad any other action if you like
    I did exactly what u told me to do ... but still hopeless dude....

even i set the default to Open ...

but really wanna thank u for ur assistance ... and thanks for ur interesting

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I found this interesting , same problem as you .

http://discuss.pcmag.com/forums/1004.../ShowPost.aspx

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    I found this interesting , same problem as you .

http://discuss.pcmag.com/forums/1004.../ShowPost.aspx

thanks for ur kind & interesting m8 ... I read and did all ideas theres but ...

as u see .. nothing happened

thanks anyway ...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Well hate to tell you this but you should format the drives as a virus or trojan is probably residing on them . Have you tryed Highjackthis ? I was wondering if that would help , I hate losing all my data as well it sucks .

Sometimes the cure is worse than the curse , but thats windows .
    Theres enough nice people on this site to help you, so no worries there .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast