Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1080p/720p

WHRST's Avatar immortalis BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMan05 View Post
    loll... my family doesnt rilly watch TV... all my sisters are married and live elsewhere and my brother doesnt rilly watch TV. i watch TV, but i download the shows and watch them on my TV but i have to download the 350mb ones cuz my processor on my TV PC cant handle anything better.

i have dishnetwork and bell xpressvu but both of them are not HD, cuz im a person that pays for nothing and the good HD boxes for DN cant be hacked.. so i stick with the SD boxes.. i rarely ever watch TV live... and games in HD are SICK!!!

ps... calm down buddy
    I never watch TV live (unless I have friends over for a sporting event).

I use a Phillips DVP-5960 DVD player w/USB port for downloads. It upconverts to HD (a newer one, 5986 I think, does 1080p). I mostly watch the 350MB downloads too and don't even use a PC with the big-screen....yet.

It's just weird hearing someone has such a nice TV and for the most part, it's just wasted and used for the occassional 360 game.

I recommend you at least get the 5986. It's only about $70 and it'll make your downloads look better (and your DVDs).

Btw, what am I calming down for?

You should be shot is all.
    does that dvp/usb dvd player support xvid/divx and playing from an external HDD? i curllently have a the philips 642+5190, also is it able to be unlocked like the other two models?
    Last edited by WHRST; 05-26-2007 at 03:17 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by WHRST View Post

I never watch TV live (unless I have friends over for a sporting event).

I use a Phillips DVP-5960 DVD player w/USB port for downloads. It upconverts to HD (a newer one, 5986 I think, does 1080p). I mostly watch the 350MB downloads too and don't even use a PC with the big-screen....yet.

It's just weird hearing someone has such a nice TV and for the most part, it's just wasted and used for the occassional 360 game.

I recommend you at least get the 5986. It's only about $70 and it'll make your downloads look better (and your DVDs).

Btw, what am I calming down for?

You should be shot is all.
    does that dvp/usb player support xvid/divx and playing from an external HDD?
    Yes and yes. The external hdd must be FAT32, however and it doesn't support long filenames.

To my knowledge no dvd player supports long filenames....yet. Not even the one from Oppo Digital.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    i think the max number of characters is 14, from what i have seen, don't have to rename much the scene is good at how they name files.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    DaMan05's Avatar GO HABS GO! BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    once i get build a new PC for my TV... all will be well and i'll be watching my HD shows on that instead of my 19" monitor...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMan05 View Post
    once i get build a new PC for my TV... all will be well and i'll be watching my HD shows on that instead of my 19" monitor...
    sometimes i connect my pc to my 60"inch hdtv... though i need a better solution than that.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Elvenmunky's Avatar Day Sleeper
    cheers ppl, ill just go with the 720p then, coz here in england there the lcd's only go up to 42" with good makes like samsung and sony.
    "Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War.
    Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Elvenmunky's Avatar Day Sleeper
    can u play downloaded 720p hd movies on it? and also HR stuff?
    "Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War.
    Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Last edited by y7deluxe; 10-09-2019 at 06:09 AM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19

Btw, I haven't been that impressed with Blu-Ray movies. Many that I've seen still have a fucking black bar on the top and bottom...
    which movies?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12