Thread: FB new system

Sawyer2020's Avatar Lost BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100

Question Mark

now FB get new system say it safe from steal your account
    see them msg

Message to all users.

In order to prevent account theft, we are utilizing a security code based verification system. Your code has been randomly selected to be:

xxx

This code cannot be changed - memorize it or write it down somewhere, then delete this message from your inbox. You will need the code in the following situations:

* Certain, pre-selected pages will prompt you to enter your verification code before allowing entrance.

* In addition, when changing your password or e-mail address you will need to input the code.

* When logging in to the site (after inputting your nick and password) you will be prompted for the number.

* You will automatically be asked to input the code about once in two days (48h).

Should you supply the wrong number three times in a row your account will freeze itself, disabling access to all but one page, which contains a form, asking questions about your account. You, then, need to fill out this form, provide the required information, and it will be forwarded to the staff. If the info you provided matches your account, it'll be re-enabled. When you successfully input the correct verification number, all possible other logins from different computers will expire. In practice: you are logged in with your laptop, then move to your other computer and login; the laptop is no longer logged in.

Why?

This change is effective immediately and - due to understandable reasons - if your account has already been stolen this is of no help to you, because the person who did it can read this message too, memorize the code and destroy this message. However, this change should make it very hard for one to hijack an account. It will also prevent situations where you for example login at the library and forget to logout before leaving, allowing anybody to waltz in and use your account; just re-log yourself at home (or anywhere else for that matter) and the connection at the library will expire. Even though the system is active immediately, you won't be prompted to enter the code while logging in until three weeks of time. This is to ensure that all users have read this message.

Complicated?

It may sound so, but it really is fairly simple a system. Only real change for your ordinary John Doe is that the verification number (which is in the beginning of this message, if you forgot already) need be input when prompted to do so. You will be redirected to the page you were heading to after inputting the code, all for your convenience! To read more about this go

do you think this will make your account safe

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Cmon's Avatar on users.php
    That looks complicated if you join a lot of site using that system..
    Know too much = bad
    My Ratio, Stats & Speed

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Why in the invites section?
    Click here if you want to join TTC

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +5
    if think thats a nice idea, but only time will tell if we'll see less "my fb account was scammed" messages
    just making sure, every user got his own security code right? because if not thats kind of useless..

edit: redMonster, thats not the invite section

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Sawyer2020's Avatar Lost BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by redMonster View Post
    Why in the invites section?
    I put thread in bittorrent section

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Oh, I think I was dreaming.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    BANNED BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by redMonster View Post
    Oh, I think I was dreaming.
    you're dreaming about alexson?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    WHRST's Avatar immortalis BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    hmm...i assume it was done for traders, well because of them

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I not think so since when u trade u will give it to one u trade with

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    beco's Avatar seeding BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Thanks Alexson
    rabbit for ever