Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with IMG and burning

cubkiller89's Avatar GSXR-600 BT Rep: +2
    Well I've been having a lot of trouble with IMG files lately. I have downloaded the DVDR copy of a movie and I want to be able to burn it and watch it on my DVD player.

I download the IMG file and I have tried burning it using alcohol 120%. The burn is successful but when I put it in my DVD player it skips like its a scratched CD. First I thought it was a problem with the DVD/burn speed so got better quality DVDs and set the burn speed to the slowest setting. Also it isn't my DVD player because my friend has a brand new one and I tried on there and still no luck.

Thanks in advance.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    WHRST's Avatar immortalis BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    try IMGburn @4x it worked for me when i used to burn alot of dvds, well i still do, but data dvds are better with a divx player.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Do you have GSpot? Use GSpot to view one of the vob files (preferably one of the long ones) and see if you can spot anything out of the ordinary. Maybe an unusual frame rate or unsupported audio or something. I really don't care for the .img format as none of my programs seem to support it so I usually open them with ultraiso and resave as a regular .iso. I have found that works better than just renaming to .iso as alot of people will advise you.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Two thoughts have you tried to play the burnt dvdr in your computer....
    Second thought can you mount the image using alcohol 120%...
    You really have to determine if the image is at fault or the burnt disc.
    I tend to lean towards the burnt disc(but you never know)
    Could be poor quality media (I know you said you tried better)many people have trouble understanding that its not the media but the media code that counts..Have a look here to see what I mean http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia
    Do a search on sony dvd+ media...scroll down a little and see the number of hits and different media codes...So buying media can be a crap shoot you really have to know what you are looking for..To make matters worse some older equipment(burners) favour dvd+ some dvd-....And lets not get started on booksetting(booktyping) ....So you see you should really start reading there is lots of information out there...Many people even scan there media for errors to ensure optimum results...Oh hell here are a few links for good sites http://club.cdfreaks.com/
    and http://forums.speedlabs.org/
    Now that you are totally confused Good Luck
    Ps I also like img burn for burnning images

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Appzalien View Post
    Do you have GSpot? Use GSpot to view one of the vob files (preferably one of the long ones) and see if you can spot anything out of the ordinary. Maybe an unusual frame rate or unsupported audio or something. I really don't care for the .img format as none of my programs seem to support it so I usually open them with ultraiso and resave as a regular .iso. I have found that works better than just renaming to .iso as alot of people will advise you.

The Gspot ? Never heard of it , as my wife would attest to . Sorry couldn't help it .

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    cubkiller89's Avatar GSXR-600 BT Rep: +2
    I think it's just my DVD player now. But it doesn't make sense cause my friend tired it in his and it still didn't work.

When I put it in my computer it plays fine but I'm not a big fan of watching movies on the PC. The 19 inch screen just doesn't cut it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    DVD Decrypter and IMGBurn are the best, in my opinion. Both are very simple, and have been 100% successful for me.

Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden are the best DVD+/-R media you can buy. Always burn at the slowest supported speed.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Another vote for IMG Burn

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    MrVictorRivers's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    second that.....dvd decrypter and imgburn.....any time i was in ur shoes...thats wat i used...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    WHRST's Avatar immortalis BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by flcl573 View Post
    . Always burn at the slowest supported speed.
    really? 4x worked fine for me though i burn @16x speed for data disc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast