Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: leaseweb help

Bunny Hopper BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    My experience with Leaseweb:

Setup time was fast, around 24 hours. For support, they provide APC Control (manual restart), and the Self Service Center (view bandwidth, monthly bill). I can max the 100Mbps connection all the time. Email to support can take up to a day to receive a response. Since my server is self managed, contacting support is basically the last resort saved only for catastrophic failure (broken hardware, user stupidity). If your purpose for the server is only to seed torrents, there's no need to be concerned about support. You should not need and want support. Linux experience is highly recommended if you are getting a linux server, which isn't hard at all if you're willing to learn a bit.

Looking at recent offers at leaseweb, they've changed alot in their offerings of express servers which are not good deals at all anymore. Perhaps if you haven't done so, take a look at vectoral.info for their servers. The cheapest offer on their front page ($80) is quite good comparing to leaseweb. From what I've heard, speed is good and perhaps better support too.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    From what I've heard Leaseweb is top notch, I've tested their network a few times and speeds were excellent. The only downside, as mentioned.... the tech support issue

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by naq View Post
    Looking at recent offers at leaseweb, they've changed alot in their offerings of express servers which are not good deals at all anymore. Perhaps if you haven't done so, take a look at vectoral.info for their servers.

do the math.

leaseweb is in nl and pretty much untouchable, considering alot of high profile torrent sites host with them.

vectoral is in germany, which is a known anti-p2p conntry.

I know who I'd rather spend the money with, even if it costs a little bit more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12