Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone willing to call him a "Hitler"?

lynx's Avatar .
    Busy, sometimes it's better to butt out.

I was going to enjoy seeing him try to defend action that J2 was trying to get defined as Hitler-like.

The right hand not knowing what the right hand is doing is always fun to watch.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    Eh? I wasn't trying to do a team up, ya know.

I talks me own shite, so to speak.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened

I was going to enjoy seeing him try to defend action that J2 was trying to get defined as Hitler-like.

Well, now you've just gone and lost me.

Have you become a Bush fan at all (at all).
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify

If you bothered to read my initial post you would see I would not defend Chavez's actions.
    I said I wasn't willing to call him Hitler.
    Before you make a statement try knowing what your talking about.
    Neither will I call Bush or any other leader on the Planet Hitler-like.
    If you need a history lesson on what Hitler did compared to what leaders today are doing open a book.
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Well, now you've just gone and lost me.

Have you become a Bush fan at all (at all).
    Not a bush fan, more a Constant Gardener.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxOverlord View Post

Ya know BusyMan you make it very hard for me to even want to discuss things with you when you Constantly use such gutter language.
    Calling people names. Elevating yourself above anyone who doesn't think like you. It's all so ridiculous I'm not sure how to even approach it.
    Mmk, sub in have weird illogical thinking for fucked in the head and had fellatio performed on him for dick sucked.

And sorry, I calls it like I see it. There is no wiggle room for outrage on Clinton's flandering but support for 3000+ of our soldiers dead. There is no wiggle room for Bible study in science class. It is utterly stupid and to see people actually serious about such things, makes them look crazy.

As far as elevating myself, maybe so in a sense. You may have thought some of Hitler's ideals nutty. So do I.

I would like a person to justify some of these things like Bible study in science class. It is hard for me not to back them in a corner about it but I am willing to listen. Maybe tell me how Mitt Romney is any better than John Kerry. Maybe tell me about N'Orleans. Mmk the locals fucked up so let's let part of the US drop of the face of the earth, the Prez can't pull rank or step on any toes.

You lack of compromise is truely Un-American.
    How about a bible class instead of bible in science class. Would you be for that? Probably not.
    If your thinking scientifically you should understand that science is what is used to prove much of what the bible says.
    Don't confuse science class with teaching evolution and I wont confuse it with teaching creationism..k?
    I wouldn't defend Romney.
    As far as N'Orleans. That was a purely sickening happening. But lets consider the fact that it was built in a bowl in the middle of hurricane central with a lake above it. That being said I'll agree the Gov. completely lost face in N'Orleans. Maybe if it wasn't such a sludge of a Gov. something could get done.
    I've had family over in Afghanistan. I know what it feels like..mmk.
    And for a final time I Would Not Compare Anyone To Hitler.
    Maybe Rosie....
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37

Mmk, sub in have weird illogical thinking for fucked in the head and had fellatio performed on him for dick sucked.

And sorry, I calls it like I see it. There is no wiggle room for outrage on Clinton's flandering but support for 3000+ of our soldiers dead. There is no wiggle room for Bible study in science class. It is utterly stupid and to see people actually serious about such things, makes them look crazy.

As far as elevating myself, maybe so in a sense. You may have thought some of Hitler's ideals nutty. So do I.

I would like a person to justify some of these things like Bible study in science class. It is hard for me not to back them in a corner about it but I am willing to listen. Maybe tell me how Mitt Romney is any better than John Kerry. Maybe tell me about N'Orleans. Mmk the locals fucked up so let's let part of the US drop of the face of the earth, the Prez can't pull rank or step on any toes.

You lack of compromise is truely Un-American.
    How about a bible class instead of bible in science class. Would you be for that? Probably not.

Of course not. Not in public school. Why would Bible class need to be there at all? Do intend to have a philosophy class? Well that would involve more than just the Bible. I learned about Shintoism, Confucianism (sp?), Judaism, etc. in one class but it wasn't biology.

Is it a Christian school? Well by all means....Bible away.

All this stuff is pretty cut and dry.

If your thinking scientifically you should understand that science is what is used to prove much of what the bible says.

The Bible doesn't prove anything in science though.

Don't confuse science class with teaching evolution and I wont confuse it with teaching creationism..k?

The theory of evolution has a basis in science. The Bible does not.

I wouldn't defend Romney.

....and he seems like a stand up guy.

As far as N'Orleans. That was a purely sickening happening. But lets consider the fact that it was built in a bowl in the middle of hurricane central with a lake above it. That being said I'll agree the Gov. completely lost face in N'Orleans. Maybe if it wasn't such a sludge of a Gov. something could get done.

The problem wasn't just the governor though. After a local fuck up, it took 5 days, 5 DAYS! for outside help. Then I sat and watched as the President came to town....with the food (of course). He had a crying girl on his shoulder and manuevered her (while she cried) for a photo-op.

Sickening indeed. I do not blame Bush for Katrina happening. That would be mad.

I've had family over in Afghanistan. I know what it feels like..mmk.
    And for a final time I Would Not Compare Anyone To Hitler.
    Maybe Rosie....
    I wouldn't compare Chavez to Hitler either.

I have a number of childhood friends, family of friends, and simple acquaintances in Iraq. I know some of them have fought in battle before. I think it's more sting for myself and their family to know that they shouldn't be there. Mind you, there could be any number of crap skirmishes that wouldn't know about that be just as much bullshit as Iraq.

We know this is bullshit and a huge vat of it at that.

Underneath it all, I have been told that moral is low by just a handful of soldiers although they will do as told. I have been told also that most don't want to speak their mind (against this crap) aloud for obvious reasons. Tbh, I don't think soldiers should do that for reporters. Luckily family (& some friends) get the story and that's who counts.

Btw, certain compromises are corrupt. Sometimes there is a right way and a wrong way.

I fail to see why Christian Bible study should be afforded special status in public school. "Cuz a lot of people want it" ain't good enough. Those lot of poeple could be morons.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 05-30-2007 at 08:29 PM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38

I have a number of childhood friends, family of friends, and simple acquaintances in Iraq. I know some of them have fought in battle before. I think it's more sting for myself and their family to know that they shouldn't be there. Mind you, there could be any number of crap skirmishes that wouldn't know about that be just as much bullshit as Iraq.

Underneath it all, I have been told that moral is low by just a handful of soldiers although they will do as told. I have been told also that most don't want to speak their mind (against this crap) aloud for obvious reasons. Tbh, I don't think soldiers should do that for reporters. Luckily family (& some friends) get the story and that's who counts.
    Do you think the politiking of the war has anything to do with their morale?
    I'd be interested to know why their morale is low. Is it because they don't believe they should be there,body count(I hate that term by the way),or because of the media never showing achievement over there?

There are justifications for war. The lines have been so blurred as to the current reasons why we are in Iraq I'm not sure too many(other than the uber-hawkish) could really make an argument without thinking they knew it was not quite right.

I do get tired of the Vietnam parallels as well. Taken in context I find it hard to find hardly a reasoning for calling it by that name. Of course each persons view of history is distorted by those who make up history.

I do wish you are your friends in Iraq well and hope they come home safe.

There was a woman on The Washington Journal the other day who said all this "I support the troops but not the war is a bunch of crap."
    She said she had a bumper-sticker that said "I support the War but not the Troops." Thought that was pretty good.

We must Always support the troops.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39

I'd be interested to know why their morale is low. Is it because they don't believe they should be there,body count(I hate that term by the way),or because of the media never showing achievement over there?

1)The media is always showing achievement over there. I believe it's a great point and counterpoint that both sides are shown. By the body count though, the achievement pales in comparison.

2)They believe shouldn't be there. As do, I believe, most of the public and congress.

3)They also don't like the body count. How could they?

There are justifications for war. The lines have been so blurred as to the current reasons why we are in Iraq I'm not sure too many(other than the uber-hawkish) could really make an argument without thinking they knew it was not quite right.

There are justifications for me robbign a bank too. The lines haven't been blurred. There is a before reason and an after reason. The before reason was completely wrong and the after reason is cleaning up the mess we've created/administration saving face.

I do like when I hear, "We went into Iraq to get Al Qaeda." Nooooo, Al Qaeda is there nowwww because of us.

I do get tired of the Vietnam parallels as well. Taken in context I find it hard to find hardly a reasoning for calling it by that name. Of course each persons view of history is distorted by those who make up history.

Yeah I think Vietnam was a more worthy fight. When Saddam invaded Kuwait, that was more worthy a fight than this crap we are in.

There was a woman on The Washington Journal the other day who said all this "I support the troops but not the war is a bunch of crap."
    She said she had a bumper-sticker that said "I support the War but not the Troops." Thought that was pretty good.

Look at the bold.

I agree I support the troops. Basically I think like the troops think, get the job done so they can get their asses home.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40

1)The media is always showing achievement over there. I believe it's a great point and counterpoint that both sides are shown. By the body count though, the achievement pales in comparison.

2)They believe shouldn't be there. As do, I believe, most of the public and congress.

3)They also don't like the body count. How could they?

There are justifications for me robbign a bank too. The lines haven't been blurred. There is a before reason and an after reason. The before reason was completely wrong and the after reason is cleaning up the mess we've created/administration saving face.

I do like when I hear, "We went into Iraq to get Al Qaeda." Nooooo, Al Qaeda is there nowwww because of us.

Yeah I think Vietnam was a more worthy fight. When Saddam invaded Kuwait, that was more worthy a fight than this crap we are in.

Look at the bold.

I agree I support the troops. Basically I think like the troops think, get the job done so they can get their asses home.

The bold was a joke. She was trying to make the point that to her both were asinine statements.
    I think the reasons have been blurred. People bought the war in the beginning because of WMD's.
    Now we've got a hundred and one explanations why we are there..in that respect I think they've been blurred..that's what I meant.
    By justification I meant for example...Hitler(there's that name again). Pearl Harbor...etc. These are legitimate reasons to raise the troops.
    If you can give me a station that gives a balance between achievement and deaths,car bombs,etc..I'd like to know.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast