Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone willing to call him a "Hitler"?

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by RTFM View Post
    Anyone willing to call jk24 stupid?
    Go back to the Lounge.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by ilw View Post
    His replacement is a bit of a non-entity, but whats with the disgruntled smilie? Berlusconi was a corrupt little shit.
    Much of Italy did sigh in relief
    I have a cousin who has lived there for over 20 years, in Rome, Naples and a few other places.

He's told me on several occasions that, in the life of your average Giuseppe, not much ever changes, no matter who's in charge.

He built a 4500 sq. ft. house, then spent 12 years defending it against local thieves before his wife, uh, deprived him of it.

Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    What does Air America have to do with anything? (which is still running with new backing). BTW fox lost far more money in it's first years before it found a footing, just their backer had deeper pockets.
    I mentioned Adult channels, which conservatives wish taken down and public broadcasting funding, which conservatives wish to stop because they claim public broadcasting has a liberal agenda.
    Air America could rightly be called the Pussy network, but it doesn't have nine lives, I assure you.

Liberal investors have one very important quality in common with their conservative counterparts: they don't like to lose money.

Besides which, NPR/PBS have irrefutably proven programming for the liberal palate can only work with government funding and those tortuous, guilt-mongering money-raising affairs they have every other week.

Foxnews, on the other hand, has proven a solid financial value.

BTW-

Have you any idea what will be named the new Al Franken fiasco.

As for Chavez, there are some things I agree with him about and some I disagree.
    My post just put a bit of perspective in. The USA would close down any TV station that supported a failed by force government take over . That you may support (or at least not object to) the attempt to have the election process overturned by coup in Venezuela because you disagree with the political doctrines of Chavez is irrelevant to the issue.
    Perspective?

Where? When?

That fact is that such ideas, in the U.S., are discussed in our House and Senate ere they see the light of day...the last U.S. President to get by with that tactic was the guy who freed the slaves.

That you cannot tell the difference between that and the executive fiat of Chavez only emphasizes your lack of reasoning.

On the democratic fairness doctrine I am against political control of the media. I was against the right wing calls for government control of the media when they broke news embarrassing to the administration such as the fact that they are bypassing FISA and listening to American phone calls without warrant, and I am against control of political opinion shows.
    I'll keep that in mind...

I am certainly against government controls on bias.
    ...while I revisit your recent paean to and plea for harsher hate crimes legislation.

I just wish the media would do it's job and report accurate news.
    Have you noticed Foxnews has a "guy-in-the-street", in whose presentation can be seen shots fired, tear-gas released, and general mayhem, while CNN broadcasts from a spot-on-high, well away from the madding crowd.

Nobody else seems to be covering the events.

BTW-

While you've made a point of saying "As for Chavez, there are some things I agree with him about and some I disagree", nowhere did you deign to actually enumerate any misgivings you may feel.

Seriously, though...I don't wonder why.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Tbh, conservative "news" show make for better comedy for the simple fact that they are actually serious.

I saw some clip awhile back about comedians looking for material that depended on conservatives. Liberal material like talking about fiscal responsibilty was too boring.

There are morons that listen to conservative shows for their news coverage and others that listen to be appalled and/or laugh at it.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    I won't call him Hitler because he doesn't rule from the right. I think that is a requirement to be call that name.
    Not surprised what Chavez is doing.
    Globovision will be next. I'm sure the word 'coup' will come up in that shutdown.
    All enemies of The State must go.
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Air America could rightly be called the Pussy network, but it doesn't have nine lives, I assure you.

Liberal investors have one very important quality in common with their conservative counterparts: they don't like to lose money.

Besides which, NPR/PBS have irrefutably proven programming for the liberal palate can only work with government funding and those tortuous, guilt-mongering money-raising affairs they have every other week.

Foxnews, on the other hand, has proven a solid financial value.

BTW-

Have you any idea what will be named the new Al Franken fiasco.
    Revisit the station in 10years. Fox failed miserably for the first five.

BTW Al franken Isn't with Air America....didn't you know that?
    Perspective?

Where? When?

That fact is that such ideas, in the U.S., are discussed in our House and Senate ere they see the light of day...the last U.S. President to get by with that tactic was the guy who freed the slaves.

That you cannot tell the difference between that and the executive fiat of Chavez only emphasizes your lack of reasoning.
    The perspective was that this station supported and encouraged overthrowing an elected government, The point was that if that happened here the same thing would happen to said station. The fact that it's a hypothetical as we haven't had an uprising doesn't matter.

...while I revisit your recent paean to and plea for harsher hate crimes legislation.
    Bias in reporting is not the same as violent crimes committed against the individual because of race/religion sexuality etc. Even for you that is a silly argument.

Have you noticed Foxnews has a "guy-in-the-street", in whose presentation can be seen shots fired, tear-gas released, and general mayhem, while CNN broadcasts from a spot-on-high, well away from the madding crowd.

Nobody else seems to be covering the events.
    where, when?........what about Iraq? are you suggesting that all those journalist that have been killed worked for fox?
    BTW-

While you've made a point of saying "As for Chavez, there are some things I agree with him about and some I disagree", nowhere did you deign to actually enumerate any misgivings you may feel.

Seriously, though...I don't wonder why.
    Then you should also have noticed that I deigned to actually enumerate any agreement I feel. You're not trying to make something out of nothing are you?

Edit:

I notice other than a bit of name calling and defame by association you have yet to comment on the closing yourself. I of course have already said
    I am against government closing any media down for political reasons
    and you have yet to deny that you favor de-funding public TV or the closure of adult channels.

BTW I hope you were outraged at the military banning our troops from blogging and Youtubing from Iraq.
    Last edited by vidcc; 05-29-2007 at 03:32 AM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Interesting side-note, some people suggest that something similar happened in the uk about 15-20 years ago when Thames Television aired a documentary about the SAS gunning down suspected Provisional IRA members in Gibraltar, apparently it pissed off Maggie and after some modifications to the law Thames lost their licence at the next opportunity (although its a lot harder to prove as it was all done more circumspectly).
    Just another example of how we're a banana republic with a new lick of paint. Ho-hum

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    lynx's Avatar .
    I'm surprised no-one has pointed out that Bush wanted to bomb Al Jazeera out of existence. I wonder if he was planning to use the condor legion.

http://www.antiwar.com/orig/jscahill.php?articleid=8148

No doubt someone will complain that it's from an anti-war site, but I can't be bothered to look any deeper. It's easy to find "reasons" to call someone Hitler if you take a moment to look.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    I'm surprised no-one has pointed out that Bush wanted to bomb Al Jazeera out of existence. I wonder if he was planning to use the condor legion.

http://www.antiwar.com/orig/jscahill.php?articleid=8148

No doubt someone will complain that it's from an anti-war site, but I can't be bothered to look any deeper. It's easy to find "reasons" to call someone Hitler if you take a moment to look.

Always with the Bush angle,eh?
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened

"The Station" won't be around in ten years, and you may bank on the fact... unless it becomes yet another black hole for government largesse.

The Al Franken reference was a joke, vid, though his absence won't help Air America.

It is doomed by the very concept it embodies.

Meanwhile, the rioting continues...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20

"The Station" won't be around in ten years, and you may bank on the fact... unless it becomes yet another black hole for government largesse.

The Al Franken reference was a joke, vid, though his absence won't help Air America.

It is doomed by the very concept it embodies.

Meanwhile, the rioting continues...
    Again, liberal radio is quite boring.

Liberal straight talk is boring. Liberals making fun of conservatives is quite funny.

It's more funny talking about someone who is seriously fucked in the head than talking about someone who is making sense. There's no comedy in it.

I wish someone would post the clip of the comedians for conservatives (or some shit like that).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast