Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheating - Have you ever been wrongly accused?

BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force View Post
    It was only a torrent leech account but its not the point, it not even the fact i got caught "cheating" that bugs me most, its the way they speak to you on the IRC channel.

I am very good user on all my sites and never do anything wrong but i have already started another account, i just asked my ISP to change my IP for me. I dont really use the account much unless its for a PSP game or the odd movie.

so what you do is msg me here or email [email protected] i will need your tl username

and a log of the talk between you and my staff if you have not been cheating i will enable and if the staff were rude to you without reason i will deal with them

kingrob aka NEO

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I got a warning from ProAudio for seeding too fast. My fault, forgot to tell them about my seedbox.....
    Now go away.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    got banned (and later unbanned) on Thor's for uploading too fast, it took a couple of days prooving my honesty

just watch out with seedbox on Thor's!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    got banned (and later unbanned) on Thor's for uploading too fast, it took a couple of days prooving my honesty

just watch out with seedbox on Thor's!
    my first day there, I was asked about my speed by the sysop. I told him I had a seedbox, and all was fine. Now, I keep a screen shot of utorrent uploading at it's fastest in my profile.
    Last edited by KFlint; 01-08-2008 at 03:37 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    ibnahmed's Avatar still employed BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    yeah, it happened to me
    i got a seedbox and the first day i signed up i started downloading freeleech stuff and seeding them. my account ended up 30GB up nothing down. they disabled me. never bothered to speak to them though.

Quote Originally Posted by conway View Post
    what sucks is you get treated liek shit, when you go into the irc they jus tsay your a cheater, and ban you... You can't do shit about it... So gay.
    just dont go if u dont need it. dont humiliate yourself in the irc. x264 banned me and they dont deserve even joining their irc to talk about it.
    Last edited by ibnahmed; 05-30-2007 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Left out

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force View Post
    It was only a torrent leech account but its not the point, it not even the fact i got caught "cheating" that bugs me most, its the way they speak to you on the IRC channel.

I am very good user on all my sites and never do anything wrong but i have already started another account, i just asked my ISP to change my IP for me. I dont really use the account much unless its for a PSP game or the odd movie.

so what you do is msg me here or email [email protected] i will need your tl username

and a log of the talk between you and my staff if you have not been cheating i will enable and if the staff were rude to you without reason i will deal with them

kingrob aka NEO
    Like kindrob said... They normally will look into it. I know from a past experience with TL. Their detection scripts are not always 100% accurate. They are ussually very correct though. I was disabled for a day or so for uploading too fast. Forget which member of staff I talked to but they were very nice to me and did enable my account for me again once I verified it as a server ect..
    Maybe you caught the staff member at a bad time or something.
    Either way I know from past experiences that if you provide valid proof to show you were seeding at those speeds that they will enable your account.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    BANNED BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    TL double acc

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    YEah... the only was to avoid such Is to have like a back up plan.. for the TOP notch sites of course.. the rest... can be ignored.

And when i mean back up, have a way of gaining site member ship again. I remember when i was first new to torrents.. and used to experiment. I got banned for negligence and all that crap, but I had several ways of always getting bac in. and the site in question is OINK... JEEEZ... cant remember the total number of membership I have had with that site...

Now jst incase they ban my arse, "I'LL BE BAC" TERMINAtor style.
    its not like i cheat or anything.. It just pure FUTILE to go to the irc
    and chat with the mod.. no help, no nothing.. just complete ASSes.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    0sec's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +5
    yep, something like this is frustrating...
    The bad thing is that sites like bitmetv are banning your complete ip range.
    And when this happening, you never can join this site again because they ban proxy users too..
    The last way to get there again is to change the ISP.
    I think FTN and the other high leveled trackers have the same system

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    yoyogi4's Avatar Wanna see my BooBoo? BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by conway View Post
    what sucks is you get treated liek shit, when you go into the irc they jus tsay your a cheater, and ban you... You can't do shit about it... So gay.
    It's psychology, they all fear of getting caught or accused of being cheaterz, so when a cheater gets caught it's like the inquisition or witch hunt and down goes your acc.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast