Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Isp's for file sharing??

Hey all!!

I do not know if this topic has ever been hit on before, but if so, please excuse the repeat here, and feel free to post your thoughts about this subject. I have been file sharing like a madman for years... and with my old ISP received some unhappy letters... I have been with my current provider for several years, and have not had any troubles. I currently use DSL, and the speeds are ok, but I have been thinking of shifting to cable, and going with voip phone that the cable company offers. I know it will be faster, and even cheaper, but I enjoy the fact that I have pretty much had free rain to do as I wish with my internet connection under my current provider, and they have not bothered me at all... My concern of course is that if I go cable, I will also attract more attention to myself, in some ways, defeating my intentions.

So I am appealing to you all for your insites. Please let me know what you think of your current or past ISP, and lets see if there is some consensus as to the best choice for an ISP if you like to engage in file sharing... Thanks in advance for your comments.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    leeter BT Rep: +2
    My ISP encourages piracy.
    One of their advertisements is quite impressive.
    "You can download a movie in 1 minute!" LOL
    Yes, it's 100/100 fiber ad.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    What country are you in? Surely best isps are different everywhere.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Well, living in the land of Cheese... Wisconsin.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    still looking BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Hughes Net!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BANNED
    I have the exact same questio and situation. I have been with [omit provider] for years now, DSL, sometimes downloading as much as 800GB in a month, no joke.
    I have never heard a word.
    Cox cable advertises a service which is cheaper and twice as fast, but will they let me DL like theres no tomorrow?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    SweP's Avatar /me seeds > you BT Rep: +1
    Bredband2 (Sweden) is probably one of the better ones. They don't say it straight up, but one can assume that they are as pro-filesharing as you can get.

Bredband2 is a part of Labs2. If I remember everything correctly, the CEO of Labs2 has been a guest (together with the CEO of former MP3-player company Jens of Sweden, and some representatives of the Swedish pro-piracy association Piratbyran, who are/were connected to the well known tracker PirateBay) in some live TV-debates about filesharing on Swedish television, where he, more or less, has expressed his support of filesharing.

They are also connected to the anonymity service called Relakks (https://www.relakks.com/?cid=gb).
    This is my most recent speedtest (will try to keep it updated):
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/131186879.png If you for any reason want me to get an up to date (minute) speedtest, just PM me or quote me in a thread that I'm active in.

Btw, I pay $7 a month for my 100/100 internet connection, how much do you pay?
    Happy seeding / SweP

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    In the US.. the best you can get is some good DSL or cable.

I know Cox Cable doesn't give a fck whatever you do.. i've downloaded hundreds of gb's with them

I'm now with att.com DSL, its pretty good.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    WHRST's Avatar immortalis BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    I am in the US and used comcast,Quest Communications and Verizon and had no problems. DLd hundreds of GB's from all of them and not a word. None limit at all.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ;o BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylan
    Cox cable advertises a service which is cheaper and twice as fast, but will they let me DL like theres no tomorrow?
    my parents have a cox cable package similar to that. it's only cheaper b/c we have digital cable and their phone service, too. the internet speeds are so damn fast, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast