Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Version Of Alcohol 120%!!!

SKGunners's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Yeah, that's pretty much why I prefer cracked exe's.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    granted it is easier ti just double click and play, but I like the security on knowing that i can update any time and still have a working crack.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    SKGunners's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    There's a good point, but I really update games. I only update them unless they're really buggy and then just download the cracked exe for it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by SKGunners View Post
    There's a good point, but I really update games. I only update them unless they're really buggy and then just download the cracked exe for it.
    yeah, but what if you can't fined an updated crack? Game updates do replace buggy libraries, but usually the main changes are in the main executable. That means using an old crack would defeat the purpose and sometimes not work at all

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    "i am confused why nero is now 171MB"

Its called bloat. What happens, is when a company has something thats already about as good as it can get (nero 5.5) there's no where to go. To try and get suckers to buy a new version instead of sticking with the old one they start to throw in new and mostly usless software. After a while is get so full of crap that no one wants it anymore and your company goes to hell in a hand basket.

Its a common mistake made by alot of companies, Norton did it with their security software, it got so bad that most machines had no cpu left to run there apps cause norton was using it all.

Even though its a common mistake, its also a stupid one, it may also be all she wrote for Nero. I know I'm finished with them. I might download a fixed version now and then but I'm tired of all the crap they add and the hidden advertising stuff like google search and Yahoo tool bar they try to sneak by to make up for the money they lose for being stupid. I won't give them my money like I used to, as far as I'm concerned they shot themselves in the foot and they deserve it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Appzalien View Post

Its called bloat. What happens, is when a company has something thats already about as good as it can get (nero 5.5) there's no where to go. To try and get suckers to buy a new version instead of sticking with the old one they start to throw in new and mostly usless software. After a while is get so full of crap that no one wants it anymore and your company goes to hell in a hand basket.

Its a common mistake made by alot of companies, Norton did it with their security software, it got so bad that most machines had no cpu left to run there apps cause norton was using it all.

Even though its a common mistake, its also a stupid one, it may also be all she wrote for Nero. I know I'm finished with them. I might download a fixed version now and then but I'm tired of all the crap they add and the hidden advertising stuff like google search and Yahoo tool bar they try to sneak by to make up for the money they lose for being stupid. I won't give them my money like I used to, as far as I'm concerned they shot themselves in the foot and they deserve it.
    I think he was wondering why it was so small because there have been ISO images uploaded upwards of 500MB.

Well, that's because the smaller 171MB file is a rar self extracting archive that heavily compresses the install files. When you launch the install exe, it immediately extracts the install files to a temporary location and then installs. Once extracted, the files get HUGE! This is because library files (dll's) have a high compression ratio, and that's what most of the program is. A better question would have been, "Why are there versions that are 500MB?" Well, this is because on places like demonoid and oink, an extracted archive made into an ISO will give you a better ratio than a compressed archive.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    raspberry1331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    171MB is still pretty big for burning...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by Appzalien View Post

Unlike many other software mega-businesses, Nero AG use a proper installer that lets you deselect anything you don't want to install. I don't have any of the shit that comes in the retail version and Scout is switched off.

Nero 7 has overcome its bugs & other shortcomings and works perfectly well without taking over the system (as long as you don't install Showtime).
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    ashstorm's Avatar Me . BT Rep: +1
    DAEMON Tools

is fine

gust try it.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ashstorm View Post
    DAEMON Tools

is fine

gust try it.
    I have, and I prefer Alcohol 120

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12