Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Version Of Alcohol 120%!!!

mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    There is a new version of alcohol 120 out, version 1.9.6.5403

In this release, the license will be less sensitive (bitched to teck support and this is what they tole me ). Other than that, I don't know. I suppose they will have updated SPTD drivers, and increased stability. I can't wait to see other benefits

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i have yet to ever use alcohol for i've always used nero. is there a reason to switch?
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    SKGunners's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    If you're just an average user, no need to switch. But if you're advanced into games and all, then go ahead.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SKGunners View Post
    If you're just an average user, no need to switch. But if you're advanced into games and all, then go ahead.
    why is that? i play games all the time. nero burns images fine. what's the deal?
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Alcohol was used alot in the late 90's and early 2000 for its ability to emulate and remove protections from game cd's. Nero has no such function and as a matter of fact will refuse to copy a protected disk unless something blanks out the protections in the background (anydvd). I stopped using Alcohol when I discovered nocd fixes for games. And now if I want to copy game disks to share I use Wolverinesoft's X-Copy to create the bin cue files from the original disks then download nocd fixes and any updates and add them to one of the images with ultraiso. Then I can burn copies and give instructions to use the nocd instead of trying to run the game with the play disk.

"why is that? i play games all the time. nero burns images fine. what's the deal?"

If you download your games they have been fixed already, if you buy a game and make copies its a different story.
    Last edited by Appzalien; 06-06-2007 at 02:47 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    slim150's Avatar Poster
    i am confused why nero is now 171MB
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post

In this release, the license will be less sensitive (bitched to teck support and this is what they tole me
    You're the reason for the new release?
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post

In this release, the license will be less sensitive (bitched to teck support and this is what they tole me
    You're the reason for the new release?
    Yup, send praises upon me

The reason I use alcohol is because it supports mdf/mds images, burns images, makes images that can emulate almost any game protection, emulate drives so I don't have to extract/burn images that I download.

I have a lot of games that use image cracks, and I use alcohol for that. Instead of a cracked exe, the image emulates the security features on the disk. This means that you can update the game w/o having to find an updated cracked exe. Also, if you have a game disk that you bought, then you can make your own image cracks.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    SKGunners's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    *Sends praises*

Many newer games use image cracks, but for some reason I hate image cracks. I actually just prefer waiting for a cracked exe and it comes out quickly enough as my download speed is not quite fast so it takes a while for me to download.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Image files can be big and you gotta take the time to mount and all that blah...and it runs in the background while your gamin' it up.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast