Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: post your bittorrent memories

;o BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    try to think back to when you first registered on a private tracker (with the exception of demonoid) and share your thoughts and feelings of past experiences, speeds, friends made, or whatever motivates you to share your past

i remember i started with elitetorrents; when that was taken down, i moved on to pretorrents (pre-sct), nextorrents and torrentbytes. later, i cycled through a lot of trackers that later died like nextorrents, wdgaf (pre-ftwr), byteem (pre-0second) and torrentit. also along the way were some promising trackers that died too like dofr and the old a-l

i caught some memberships in the wake of trackers that died: from the death of wdgaf came ftwr, pretorrents became sct, byteem became 0second which became ft.n, etc.

i'm now settling on the latter tracker with the inclusion of fsc, exigo and 0second

tell us all your past torrenting experiences
    Last edited by r4cc00n; 06-05-2007 at 08:07 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    WHRST's Avatar immortalis BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    The only tracker i have been on that was closed was TiT and my first tracker was fatalbits which i had disabled since i had not been using it much but that was well over a yr ago now. hmm... lets see my demonoid acc is still there but not been used in over a yr either. My oldest acc after fatalbits is filelist which i dont use much these days.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    shutdk's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    I started as a pirate 4 years ago I think. I used WinMX and one I got a PM from a person on WinMX that I was leeching from. He was dane too. He asked me to join his chat. There I met a lot of people. I was on that chat and browsed the other peoples file lists. Then one day (1.5 year later) that some of my WinMX friends talked about bittorent. For example T-Boy who is a known pirate. He subbed movies but was cought 1 year ago ) They talked about trackers, and recommended me ThePirateBay. I used that for a long time, until I went to Danishbits.
    I started to use private trackers when Danishbits started. Then there came some problems between staff in there. Someone in there took frome the donations. Then I moved with a lot of people to Nordic-t. (That was before I knew about ratio). So I was banned a few times there. But then I found out what ratio was. I got a better connection. (0.512 instead of 0.128). So I decided to be uploader also.
    But that was not on Nordic-t. I started being uploader on another danish tracker. Mostwantedbits. There I got some friends and they started to tell me about 0day trackers. Someone gave me a free invite for Torrentleech. (I was surprised.. I thought it was impossible to get in there). Then I started to use trackers invite threads. Fx. I got invited for free to Norbits from a friend on Nordic-t. And when I came to Norbits. Then from someone in Norbits I got invite to Bitmetv. I had heard about ScT before, but i thought there were 100% closed. No invites, no signups. But I was wrong. I got an invite from a man who saw I have been active on Nordic-t forums. And that was for free. Well great.
    Then I became uploader on Nordic-t.org, which was great.
    And I still hate Danishbits (most danish torrent users does), for their ignorance and that he bans everyone who isn't his best friend. Especially the owner ghostDK and his best friend Pokeher.
    I would just like to say that I had "a few" accounts there.
    After I got ScT, I started to search on google for some more interessting torrent sites. So I found Filesharingtalk. And here I got a lot of friends. It's a very nice community. So I was invited for free on a lot of trackers, until I started to get the rarest. FTWR, UK-T, Exigo, FTN.
    But one thing, that sucks, is that i never have been in Revolt.org.uk..

Well, my story was not as interessting as yours r4cc00n, but I felt I wanted to tell a little about my "life".
    Last edited by shutdk; 06-05-2007 at 11:39 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    48 hour wait times, trying to cheat(getting banned many times), realizing its best to donate, using to much, seeding too much(slowing down internet)

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Ahhh...

Araditracker...

Love them
    eee

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    It all started in March 2003. That's over 4 years ago now, wow. This was when most private trackers didn't yet exist, very few bittorrent clients had been developed (many people used the official cleint), and the protocol was probably still in the beta stages. At the time I was forced to use irc to get all my stuff, which was extremely unreliable. My first torrent was actually a video that someone recorded for a program demo, and I was forced to download through bittorrent. At first I thought, "Why the hell do I have to download this crappy download accelerator before I get to see the movie?" but it was sure worth it.

I can't remember much after that, but I think I mostly used torrent indexing sites like suprnova and torrentspy for about a year after that. One day in mid 2004 I found elitetorrents. Elitetorrents blew my mind for speed and content. It was unrivaled at the time and most trackers are now created by former uploaders at Elitetorrents. Until then I didn't know it was possible to get 0day movies and tv shows before they aired in the pacific time zone.

The day that Elitetorrents was shutdown was the day that I died a little inside. In fact I was so hurt by it that I didn't even try private trackers again for over a year. It was like nothing could even come close to matching elitetorrents for quality. I'm still very nostalgic about it when I look back. But now I'm right back at it on most of the top trackers so the story has a happy ending.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    BANNED BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    everything started 5-6 months ago,
    i saw a friend that was downloading from a tracker, full speed!, and it was so cool cuz i only was using public trackers,
    i searched a bit on the Arabic forums, i saw a giveaway of TD, that was my first good tracker,
    then i traded TD inv. for TL inv., that was my first trade ,
    i searched the net, i found Zeropoid, i don't remember how much i got scammed there =\, but i learned EVERYTHING from that forum, i started to know about sct-ftn-... but it was a dream to have an acc. there,
    one day, i was so bored so i entered at google and searched about tradings.., i founded FST!!, at first, i ignored the site cuz i needed to wait that 30 days, but when i finally entered the bittorent invite section, i started to make friends, got pise**, oink, RSR, SCC.. and many others,
    i buffered all my accounts, including oink, i traded it for ScT, it was a dream!
    one day, i had been added, we chated and it was a member here, i saw that he know a lot of things about Bittorrents, so i asked him for an advice about trading sct for ftn, and he told me, take this acc. and enjoy !! (ftn acc., it was my luckiest day )
    this is my story, i have got many other trackers for free, and if i didn't joined FST... i only had TL,TD

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    shutdk's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    up to the top, bobobob..

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Writing our memoirs already?

yo

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Well, piracy started for me about 2 years ago (the year I went to college) when I was introduced to limewire. I had heard of it before, but until then I had been on dial-up at home, so I couldn't do much. I started downloading a lot of music, and I mean A LOT! Then, one day a friend asked me to help install a game so we could play (was on a dvd and he didn't have a dvd drive). So after we installed it, I tried to start it and got an error saying we needed to insert the game CD 2. Well, we were puzzled, so we read the instructions. It said copy hmm4.exe from the crack directory to the game directory". After we did that, IT WORKED! I was fascinated with these so-called "cracks". I started googleing "crack" and searching limewire for "crack" and attempted to download programs and games (mostly got viruses). I managed to get 3 non-music items off of limewire; Photoshop CS, nero 6.something, and halo combat evolved. In between those, I reinstalled windows more times than I can remember (from my legal school xp CD). After that, I started talking to a friend about my woes. He suggested I try bittorrent. It sounded like the stupidest thing in the world to me, but I thought I'd give it a try. I didn't expect ,much because he told me that the majority of content is Anime, then some TV shows and movies and a few apps and games (OBVIOUSLY wrong info). I'm not an anime watcher, but I thought I would see what it was about. The first site I went to was Bittorrent.com. I downloaded the bittorrent client, and then searched for music. I didn't find much, and was almost about to give up on bittorrent. Then I was set straight about bittorrent by my friend. He told me that it is not just a program or a website with files, it's a protocol used by millions on many different sites. So, he told me about btjunkie.org, and I went to town. The first thing I EVER downloaded from bittorrent was winrar with a crack, and I still have it

A few months back, I was googling something tech related, and I came across this forum. I immediately signed up. I was determined to get the so-called "ScT" that everyone was talking about. And the rest is history

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast