video_ts.ifo
    vts_01_1.vob
    vts_01_0.ifo
    vts_02_1.vob
    vts_02_0.ifo
    vts_03_1.vob
    vts_03_0.ifo
    vts_03_0.bup
    to some format that will allow me to play my video in windows movie maker. i need to edit it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Only in a Processor.
    HERE are shareware downloads of programs that convert. HERE are freeware downloads of programs that convert.

Just search for programs that can convert from VOB. Shareware programs probably will only give you a few seconds of conversions and/or put an image on top of your videos.

Enjoy ^^)
    Last edited by [P][RO][CE][SS][OR]; 06-05-2007 at 11:31 PM. Reason: URL editing
    Only in a computer will I find happiness.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Virtual Dub Mod (freeware) will open the .vob files and allow you to edit them (trim) as well, then save as an avi. What you have is in dvd structure, which you can see by putting a store bought dvd in your dvd drive and viewing the contents in Windows Explorer. The vob's are an mpeg container and the ifo files contain information about the dvd structure, bup's are backup files. Typically the longest files in order followed by one short one represent the main movie and any shorter one before the long ones would be a menu.

There are two ways to go about this, one is to convert the main movie vob's to avi separately and then join them (Virtual Dub), the other is to use a dvd ripper that can rip files from the hard drive to avi. Most Dvd ripper will rip either disk or files (hard drive) to a 700mb avi.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Virtual Dub Mod can be found here. Open up the .vob's and then save them as .avi's. Then join all the .avi's together by selecting "append avi segment." Make sure when you're using virtual dub mod, that the video is in direct stream mode and not full processing because that would take forever. Audio also.

If virtual dub mod is giving you problems about the audio bit rate not matching or something, you will then have to fully process (decompress and then recompress) the audio.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by shapeless View Post
    Virtual Dub Mod can be found here. Open up the .vob's and then save them as .avi's. Then join all the .avi's together by selecting "append avi segment." Make sure when you're using virtual dub mod, that the video is in direct stream mode and not full processing because that would take forever. Audio also.

If virtual dub mod is giving you problems about the audio bit rate not matching or something, you will then have to fully process (decompress and then recompress) the audio.

Thats kind of a bum steer, you cannot load a vob file and run it in Direct Stream mode, it has to be converted to avi so it has to be Full Processing. To keep the processing time in line and the file size as well, use divx or xvid and configure them the way you want but avoid the default full process which is uncompressed avi and will take up 40 gig on your drive to process.

The audio bitrate problem comes into play if the audio is vbr and there is no such thing as vbr audio in a vob file.