Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Firefox 2.0 Bites the Dust! IE7 at Fault!

ulun64's Avatar Poster
    I prefer to used Opera cos it's faster than firefox and IE. Sometime I used IE cos certain website doesn't support Opera.

2. News (Archive)   -   #12
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by asmithz View Post
    Doesn't matter who invented tabbed browsing. Fact is that IE was last to implement it. On top of that, they did a horrible job at it.

I am optimistic, I have given IE a chance in the past. I find the browser to have a horrible looking interface. I find it slow and sluggish. Not customizable enough. One big factor, is no AdBlock Plus (IE has a good pop-up blocker, but ads can be just as annoying). I can't live without that :-p

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOverlord
    Firefox is my browser of choice with the exception of IE for certain things like watching MLB.TV. Other than that I use Firefox exclusively.
    This is one problem that Firefox has that I dislike. Unlike IE where if you don't like something you can't fix it. Firefox has extensions that you can use to make Firefox a better browser for you.

The extension that that i think will help you out is called MediaWrap
    I completely agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by ulun64 View Post
    I prefer to used Opera cos it's faster than firefox and IE. Sometime I used IE cos certain website doesn't support Opera.
    I tried opera. I REALLY tried to use it as my default browser, but I just couldn't. I wanted so badly to like it because it has better rendering capabilities and is more secure, but I couldn't.

3. News (Archive)   -   #13
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Quote Originally Posted by ulun64 View Post
    I tried opera. I REALLY tried to use it as my default browser, but I just couldn't. I wanted so badly to like it because it has better rendering capabilities and is more secure, but I couldn't.
    Same here, it's cause of the interface. Opera has to be the best in speed. But doesn't do so well in looks. I would have to say I am someone who prefers the looks over speed.

4. News (Archive)   -   #14
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Same here, it's cause of the interface. Opera has to be the best in speed. But doesn't do so well in looks. I would have to say I am someone who prefers the looks over speed.
    Well, it's not really that for me. I the interface is just too different from ff. They are both tabbed browsers, but that seems to be as far as their similarities go.

I just remembered, THEY DON"T HAVE A BOOKMARK TOOLBAR!!!
    Last edited by mbucari1; 06-08-2007 at 02:14 AM.

5. News (Archive)   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    I just remembered, THEY DON"T HAVE A BOOKMARK TOOLBAR!!!
    Haha i hate that, takes up to much space. I love firefox with the Smart Bookmark Bar Extension. It's perfect.

6. News (Archive)   -   #16
    i think the reason most users have ie7 on their pc's is because they all have the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality... ie7 is more than capable for normal internet browsing, and most people just don't want to "waste" time installing and customizing firefox... plus the ie7 icon kinda fits with the windows vista theme.

i still didn't think the gap between the number of ff users and the number of ie7 users was that huge... 14% to 77%, wow. almost everyone i know uses firefox.

7. News (Archive)   -   #17
    samoyan's Avatar Comedy Club Resident BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I heard that FF3 will come out soon!

8. News (Archive)   -   #18
    maxehhh's Avatar Downloader BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    FireFox all my life

9. News (Archive)   -   #19
    Firefox reaches 25% (includes 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0)
    http://www.w3counter.com/globalstats...ate=2007-05-20
    1 Internet Explorer 6.0 49.54%
    2 Internet Explorer 7.0 16.82%
    3 Firefox 2.0 14.47%
    4 Firefox 1.5 9.10%
    5 Safari 2.0 1.94%
    6 Firefox 1.0 1.25%
    7 Opera 9.0 0.77%
    8 Mozilla 1.8 0.66%
    9 AOL 6.0 0.58%
    10 Opera 9.1 0.51%
    You really have to look at this way. IE is already on your system. You install Windows, it is already there. #3 and below, with the exception of Safari (for mac users), you have to go out of your way to find them. You have know about the browser war. You would need to know there are other options for a browser. You look at Firefox and it is at 25% (1.0, 1.5, and 2.0 combined), then you look at Opera. Opera is what most would consider one of the best browsers also, and it is only at 1.28%. (9.0 and 9.1 combined)

You can say IE is winning, but it's already there. Firefox you have to find. At 25% and growing I feel that it isnt loosing interest, it's gaining. 84.47% use windows XP. IE is already there, and yet 25% of those people go out of their way and install Firefox.

Just a thought, we all can prefer what we want to prefer. It always good news when one browser is beating the other. That means that the other browsers have to take it to the next level to rise again.

10. News (Archive)   -   #20
    kazaaman's Avatar Proud Indian
    I am optimistic, I have given IE a chance in the past. I find the browser to have a horrible looking interface. I find it slow and sluggish. Not customizable enough. One big factor, is no AdBlock Plus (IE has a good pop-up blocker, but ads can be just as annoying). I can't live without that :-p
    Oy asmithz, google Admuncher, I think you will absolutely love it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast