Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: X360 or Wii

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by despikable View Post
    Well i hear the xbox will be getting a price cut in august sometime so it will be priced less than even the Wii.And yes i agree with the fact that the wii is a hook sell.
    360 less than the Wii. I don't believe it unless it's that POS Core system.

I don't know anyone that bought that.

Hell Big N could drop their price $50 as a nice counter.

The reason I say that the Wii is basicaly a scam is because you must look at what was added.

The graphics basrely better than the Gamecube so you virtually got no graphics bump for your hard earned dollars on a new system.

You did get:
    some memory card slots
    a smaller and different form factor
    a new controller
    limited online

Well gee, Big N get over turning a profit on every system whilst selling at a lower price due to....

....a new controller....not new guts of a game system but a new controller.

It's all a hoodwink if you had a Gamecube before.

Now with that, I'm not saying the Wii doesn't good games.

Super Mario Galaxy
    Super Paper Mario
    LOZ
    Wii Sports
    Rayman RR

It's just that now I'm seeing that Wiimote shit being thrown in games just to make them Wiimotized.

Those top 3 would be fine without Wiimobility. Games like Wii Sports are great but are niche. I like to get one there a crack some baseballs every once in awhile but it's best when I'm getting up there and then someone else gets up there and tries to beat my score.

I think the Wii is super excellent for getting in shape at home and having fun doing it. Wii Fit is an excellent idea. Again that's niche.

2. Games   -   #32
    Demigod's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I'm gonna vote for the Wii. First, the range of games cover more age groups so that's a benefit. Second, I just find the wiimote just a lot more creative than the traditional controller (which the 360 uses).

Third, as Busyman mentioned, the Wii can also be used to get in shape, which is, once again, a plus.

3. Games   -   #33
    SirGray's Avatar .:Lucky:.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGray View Post
    I would get a wii becuase I see no point in getting a 360 it plays basically all the same games as a computer and I use my computer to play thoughs games therefore no point in getting a 360.

Also to your post above "I bought a NGC and it turned out to be trash. I played only 4 games" I agree I got a ngc and lol, I only played one game super smash bro's so it was super trash for me, but I have to say the wii is much better Its really fun.
    I didn't know Gears Of War, Lost Planet, or even Forza Motorsport 2 were on PC.

This can only be good news for the PC front.
    Yupp they are on pc, except Forza motorsport but it might in the future, so ya pc gets basically all the games that xbox 360 gets that are worth playing.
    KOS-MOS:"I have analyzed the situation,and by my current calculations I would say we are screwed."

4. Games   -   #34
    Since the PS3 and Wii have launched, the 360 has sold more games than the 2 combined.

Why? PS3 was too expensive and had hardly any games and the Wii....had hardly any games.

This kinda speaks to the mileage issue I had with the Gamecube. You spend $250 but get a collection of probably less than 10 good games.

Now the Wii will have more mileage on it than the Gamecube due to it being a niche product. Keep in mind also that any game that is not considered niche (Wiimote specific) like Madden or Call Of Duty will absolutely suck on the Wii.

5. Games   -   #35
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Im planning on getting rid of the Wii and X360 for the PS3. . .

6. Games   -   #36
    i want them all ps3 xbox360 and a wii..

7. Games   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach View Post
    Im planning on getting rid of the Wii and X360 for the PS3. . .
    The store will love your trade-ins. Then all you'd have to do is add $200 and you'll have your PS3.

I'm keeping my Wii otherwise I'd have a vagina.

8. Games   -   #38
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    360 for great lookin games
    Wii for fun silly games
    Now go away.

9. Games   -   #39
    nom nom nom BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    My personal choice would be 360. There's more games I like out for it.
    In space no one can hear you scream.
    In cyber space no one can see your man-boobs.

10. Games   -   #40
    translator's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    xbox 360

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234