Thread: Grabit's new auto repair and unpack

Anybody update their Grabit and try this yet? So far it seems pretty useless. I have been downloading stuff all day and it tries to fix and extract, but usually fails. Only one file out of around fifteen was properly handled by this program. I guess I am back to autounpack like usual.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-new...eleased-180540

What do you mean, it "fails"?

It does a great job of repairs. I haven't had to use QuickPar a single time since installing this version. I will say that it only extracts about half of what I download though.

yo

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Poster
    give Newsleecher a go - its auto repair works fine

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    And Alt.Binz

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have been using grabit so long that I don't want to move on. But I will look into newsleecher and alt.binz. Does alt.binz download headers yet?

Actually, today it did fix and extract a few downloads. What a dream! I guess from reading Skizo's link that the new grabit is kind of buggy still.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by joebono View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have been using grabit so long that I don't want to move on. But I will look into newsleecher and alt.binz. Does alt.binz download headers yet?

Actually, today it did fix and extract a few downloads. What a dream! I guess from reading Skizo's link that the new grabit is kind of buggy still.
    Just hang in there - after all, it is a beta version.

yo

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    sod grabit = crap alt.binz or newsleecher

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Mr Kennedy's Avatar I'm Freaking Out!
    Can you use any of these for any server? As just joined Astraweb and got a few broken rar files.

Just went on Newsleecher, so its like Newsbins?

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    auto extract and repair is terrible, its useful should you leave your comp and go out. but using quick par and winrar on your own is far faster than the internal version of grabit

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    xes999
    All above statements are true. It seems that the programs success is based on .par files. I've noticed that if you don't have all or no .par files the program will not repair and extract otherwise its works like a charm. But yyiryyib described it best "its useful should you leave your comp and go out". Or if you're working on something that requires your attention, which in my case is alot so all in all it works and its an excellent program.